Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not deliver! It's...ok, no, it's just not delivery...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, there's a reason you shouldn't necessarily call the carrier directly instead of the office- in the case of forgetting that you receive a paper on certain days (Which really shouldn't happen more than once or maybe twice in a row), it might stop them from being docked pay, but in the case of not delivering due to laziness or extreme forgetfulness... Well, you paid for a service. If the service is not being provided as paid for, the person who is responsible for making the deliveries needs to be held accountable. In worst-case scenarios, I suppose they might terminate the contract to the carrier... Which might not immediately improve service, since route without a dedicated carrier likely get farmed out to whoever might have time at the end of their own route to get it done.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      Ooohhh, I didn't know pay got docked for every complaint! That makes a lot of sense. Also makes sense why he told us to stop calling the main office, and just call him directly instead.
      Our carrier told us he same thing awhile back, thru a note he apparently put in with everyone's paper, which introduced himself and asked everyone to contact him with any problems. Luckily, there have never been any, except for the occasional wet paper when no one had the forsight to double-bag it when there was a storm on the way.

My wife, on the other hand, didn't have as much luck as I did when she still lived in her apartment in the city. Someone kept stealing her paper, and she ended up having to cancel it. Not the fault of the carrier or the paper, but there was no point in paying for a paper that was getting stolen every morning.
      Last edited by MadMike; 03-14-2012, 02:56 AM. Reason: Double-bag, not double-back
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Well, we ended up getting a credit for all the papers except for the 1 we DID receive. All told a little over $8 credit. I'd say it's "all's well that ends well", but it didn't end well. I wanted my papers, consarn it!

Harumph

Comment

I actually have the opposite problem. Last semester I signed up for an 18 week sunday paper delivery because my professor assigned us to read the paper every week. I cannot get them to stop delivering it. I prepaid for 18 weeks, and I got a few notices afterwards asking me to renew, then I got a letter telling me I had a balance due. I absolutely cannot figure out how to contact them. The website gives me nothing. I didn't realize at first that I was still getting papers, because I live in an apartment complex, and I just assumed someone else was getting the paper, too.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            Our carrier told us he same thing awhile back, thru a note he apparently put in with everyone's paper, which introduced himself and asked everyone to contact him with any problems. Luckily, there have never been any, except for the occasional wet paper when no one had the forsight to double-bag it when there was a storm on the way.
            hmmm. sneaky but polite. but at least he's not a screw up i guess

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              I actually have the opposite problem. Last semester I signed up for an 18 week sunday paper delivery because my professor assigned us to read the paper every week. I cannot get them to stop delivering it. I prepaid for 18 weeks, and I got a few notices afterwards asking me to renew, then I got a letter telling me I had a balance due. I absolutely cannot figure out how to contact them. The website gives me nothing. I didn't realize at first that I was still getting papers, because I live in an apartment complex, and I just assumed someone else was getting the paper, too.
              In addition to [local paper], I also deliver [national economic newspaper], since they contract their delivery out to [local paper], and many of my customers are economics students. Often at the end of the semester, I will notice papers piling up.

Unfortunately, I cannot contact [national economic newspaper] directly, and calling in a pile-up to my dispatch seldom results in them actually stopping the paper. (Communication between the company I work for, and [national economic newspaper] sucks, but that's a whole other thread.)

I often wonder if they signed up for auto-renewal or something. Often, it seems they moved out for the summer, but the papers keep coming for me to deliver, and no matter who I call I can't seem to stop them.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Back in the mid-70s, a young kid going door-to-door asked if I would like to subscribe to a local newspaper. As an incentive, they were giving away a set of glasses. I signed up for the newspaper, he gave the set of glasses, and that was the last of it. I never got the newspaper or a bill.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Back in the mid-70s, a young kid going door-to-door asked if I would like to subscribe to a local newspaper. As an incentive, they were giving away a set of glasses. I signed up for the newspaper, he gave the set of glasses, and that was the last of it. I never got the newspaper or a bill.
                  Do you think the kid was just trying to get rid of a pair of glasses for whatever reason?
                  Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    I often wonder if they signed up for auto-renewal or something.
                    I know I didn't do that! I seem to recall specifically opting out as a matter of fact. Silly me for thinking they wouldn't keep giving me something I hadn't paid for.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                      Do you think the kid was just trying to get rid of a pair of glasses for whatever reason?
                      Could be. It was a set of six drinking type glasses. Nice ones too.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                      X