This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Diversity...

*Note: This deals with a specific ethnic group, pointed out just because it relates to the story. No fratching, just the facts.

*WARNING! Subject matter deals with the death of animals. Read at your own risk!

So where I work we get employees from all over the world. These particular incidents deal with one specific group of college-aged employees from a billion-plus population Asian country. These are also hearsay, since I didn't see any of the incidents and all the stories came second-hand.

1. Some employees see ducks running around our park. They apparently decided not to pass up on the free meal walking around, so they grabbed one, took it back to their apartment, and cooked it.

2. Different group of employees sees ducks at their apartment complex, so they grab one and cook it.

3. One of our sister parks (the one with the giant golf ball) just lost several employees from Foods due to the fact that they decided to celebrate Chinese New Year by grabbing a duck from the park, taking it back to their apartment, and cooking it.

The consequences of these meals is dismissal from the program and a ticket back home, since they've now killed an animal in a wildlife preserve. Which, considering they have to take at least one bus to GET home, means that either they killed the ducks on property or had a quacking companion that no one commented on during the ride home. Except for the apartment complex group, I don't know what the penalty was for them since the complex is off-property.

Hahaha I remember this!

Comment

Poor quackers. RIP

I guess they didn't know their laws. Only time I'd ever kill wildlife, myself, I would have to be truely in need.

Comment

Mmmmm...duck...

seriously, though... If it happened that way, though, I do feel bad for them since in all likelihood, they just didn't know.
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I don't quite give a free-ride for "not knowing". These are people who have been accepted in an multi-cultural program to work at a huge "entertainment complex" shall we say. They had to have been screened, interviewed, etc. I assume they are there to work in the shops, etc. in their countrie's section of the center. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume these are skilled, educated people, not someone who has lived in the tiniest of villages with no education & no knowledge of the outside world. I would think that anyone who can work at a huge entertainment complex would realize that it isn't acceptable to steal wildlife from that complex for their own use. Even someone working on a farm would know you don't take animals off that farm. Not knowing hunting laws and finding an animal out in the woods somewhere, ok, that I would be inclined to write off, but taking an animal they found at a huge tourist center? Not so much.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I can completely see them getting the boot after they basically stole something that was private property; and animals in a park/preserve would be. Only other issue I couldn't think of would be killing ducks out-of-season. Other than that, hey, free meat!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Cookie View Post
              Mmmmm...duck...
              Right? I was thinking the same thing myself.

Comment

I have the feeling that they don't clip the wings on the ducks, so they are probably wild. It wouldn't be theft.

It is a wild life preserve. Even if the animals are wild and in season, it is still a crime.

One of these days, I will try Peeking duck. However, it will be properly obtained.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Haven't tried duck before but I hear they're fatty.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    Haven't tried duck before but I hear they're fatty.
                    Duck fat is considererd liquid gold by most chefs due to the wonderful flavors. Most cooking methods render the fat out during cooking so you get a wonderful, flavorful bird.

That being said, I'd call BS on this one to the people who are spreading the stories without proof.

Comment

What's on the menu for dinner tonight?

Poached duck.

Why couldn't you roast it instead? It's more flavourful that way.

I am roasting it.

But you said it was poached?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

since they've now killed an animal in a wildlife preserve.
                        I've eaten duck myself and it's quite tasty.

However stealing is stealing no matter what you look like or where you're from. And since the employers owned the park stealing from the boss is quite a big no-no.

Comment

Yes, it's a very fatty meat. It's dark and flavorful and melts in your mouth if it's cooked right. There is a thick layer of fat under the skin that will coat your oven door.

Word of advice: Do NOT try to grill one unless you want to recreate that scene out of The Ten Commandments where a pillar of fire appeared from the earth to heaven.

Comment

What the duck?! Sorry couldn't resist.

Roast duck is nice though. Wild pig is better. Roo is not bad.

Comment

I've had kangaroo. not bad. also reindeer, shark, camel... actually the shark wasn't that great but that one was cooked at my first college so they may have done it wrong. the others were ok though.

Comment

Working...
                              X