Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other thing, though -- if they're cared-for animals that get veterinary treatment, they'll be full of medicines, anti-parasitics, etc. There are specific ones that you get for food-destined animals, and if the animals are not going to be eaten the medication specifically says it's not for food animals. So that's the other thing that could be a problem when you eat randomly-obtained pet or zoo duck.

But. I still want to call BS on the story, a bit, if only because it sounds like racist rumour-mongering -- the kind of story that's ultimately false but is believable enough for other people to spread without actively wanting to say anything against another race.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
      But. I still want to call BS on the story, a bit, if only because it sounds like racist rumour-mongering -- the kind of story that's ultimately false but is believable enough for other people to spread without actively wanting to say anything against another race.
      I can't speak to the truth or otherwise of the original stories. I can, however, state that when I worked in Kansas City for (the phone company that sounds like a type of running) a large percentage of the workforce in my division was imported on work visas from a certain country that now specializes in call centers.

It was emphasized in the employee handbook that I personally walked each new person through, that although we had hundreds of ducks nesting and grazing near our building, they were NOT for consumption. And that contracted employees would be and had been sent back to country that now specializes in call centers for poaching ducks.

Comment

Here is a line from a classic cartoon:

Quoth J. Wellington Wimpy
        Come over to my house for a duck dinner. You bring the duck!
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post
          What the duck?! Sorry couldn't resist.

Roast duck is nice though. Wild pig is better. Roo is not bad.
          Wild pig is also quite dangerous if you don't know what you're doing with it- easy to undercook, and end up with a horrifically painful lifelong parasitic infection burrowed in your muscle tissue.

Comment

Wild pig might also have you for dinner if you aren't careful... as for the original story - I love me some duck but I refrain from poaching - thats just bad taste ;p

Comment

Working...
            X