Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Domicile of Despair (long, epic, get your popcorn)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth charred View Post
    Seraph, has anything in your life been normal?
    I might guess her kids, but if they're anything like mine "normal" isn't anywhere near them in the dictionary.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

What is this "normal" thing people keep talking about?

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        I think it's that other word for "boring".

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          Hmm...how bad we talking here?
          Well, not so bad she changes her name, moves to Barrayar and stops posting...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ye gods, and I thought I was having problems!

Settling in to wait for ... THE REST OF THE STORY ...

Comment

Quoth charred View Post
              I keep hoping for that to happen, but no, weird things are just attracted to me. I'm a bona fide trouble magnet. The more I try to stay out of it, the more I get into it.

Doesn't bother me though, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger and all that. I just look at all the weird stuff as experiences to learn from.

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              I might guess her kids, but if they're anything like mine "normal" isn't anywhere near them in the dictionary.
              Yeaaaah, my kids are far from normal. One of oldest's firsts words was "Star Trek". :X

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Well, not so bad she changes her name, moves to Barrayar and stops posting...
              ....hmmmm Ryder says they do not service that area. Drat, guess I'll have to check Uhaul.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                Yeaaaah, my kids are far from normal. One of oldest's firsts words was "Star Trek". :X
                That's one of Bubbles' loudest demands. "Daddy, we watch Star Trek naow!/Daddy, we play Star Trek naow!...Please?"

Eagerly awaiting the next instalment *Sits down with a large packet of Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs, and offers them around*
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  I keep hoping for that to happen, but no, weird things are just attracted to me.
                  And, out of the blue, I went and tried to help you a few months ago... I think I should feel offended, or honored, or something. Not quite sure what

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    Don't worry about it, normality is vastly overrated.
                    Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Doesn't bother me though, what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger and all that.
                    If that's the case, your experiences with the Domicile of Despair alone must've made you the She-Hulk!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I derive enjoyment from your stories, Seraph, but wow, does a lot of trouble drop into your lap.

Looking forward to part 4!

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                        And, out of the blue, I went and tried to help you a few months ago... I think I should feel offended, or honored, or something. Not quite sure what
                        Weird is good, Pedersen.

Or so I tell myself. Since I'm weird.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                          Like I said.....weird things.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          If that's the case, your experiences with the Domicile of Despair alone must've made you the She-Hulk!
                          Funny thing, it totally prepped me for some future events, and taught me the importance of documenting the heck out of stuff.

Comment

Quoth charred View Post
                            Seraph: I had a normal day once. I think it was a Thursday.

Also, I feel your pain. The first time I moved out of home I was sharing a house with multiple people including two French girls who almost got me kicked out my first month by complaining that there was a weird smell from my room. The thing is, my room was only accessible by a small passage off the kitchen. A small passage which contained the back door and our main garbage container. Guess where the smell was actually coming from....
                            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                              Seraph: I had a normal day once. I think it was a Thursday.
                              And she couldn't handle normality. She could never get the hang of Thursdays.

Great googaly moogaly, Seraph, you've led a "charmed" life...

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                And she couldn't handle normality. She could never get the hang of Thursdays.

Great googaly moogaly, Seraph, you've led a "charmed" life...

I remember that Thursday. it was a dark and stormy night....

And uh...charmed could be one word for it, yes? LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X