This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins to the left, Fins to the right

I was reading some old CS posts and one reminded me of a minor incident I had with an employee that seemed more interested in making a date than doing his job. I know it wouldn't be appropriate for a CS post but this thread includes employee sightings so I thought it might go here.

I was in the grocery and the deli was slammed so I took a number and waited.

Me: Me
    GQ: Employee on the make.
    CG: an admittedly very cute young girl (who seemed embarrassed and slightly angry at the end)

So GQ just got through with his customer and my number is next up. GQ looks at number board, turns around and sees CG standing right in front of him. GQ leans forward and says something to CG, CG holds up her number, GQ says something, laughs and then clicks the number board past my number to the next one. As I approach I hear CG telling GQ what she wants from the deli...

Me: Excuse me, I was next. You just skipped past my number.
    GQ: (looks annoyed) Oh, uhm...sorry about that. I thought that number had been called. I'll get you right after I finish with her.
    Me: (about to say you can take my order first but doesn't get the chance)
    CG: Look...I don't want to skip anyone. If he was first why don't you take his order first?
    GQ: (clearly annoyed now) What do you want?

I thought it would have been petty to complain and since GQ missed out on the opportunity to meet the love of his life (CG was helped shortly after by a different employee) I figured I had already ruined his life.
    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Asshattery is totally the way to win dates Made himself out to seem like a real catch.

Comment

GQ got what he deserved at the end when the CG was served by someone else.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
        Fins to the left, Fins to the right
        Here I am, stuck in the middle with you... o/~
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I thought it was "Cows to the left of me, Bulls to the right, there I was - stuck in the middle with moo!"
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Here I am, stuck in the middle with you... o/~
            Well...the ref was to the Jimmy Buffett song "Fins" which felt more appropriate to the situation.
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
              Well...the ref was to the Jimmy Buffett song "Fins" which felt more appropriate to the situation.
              Don't you go ruining my joke now, Potts. *shakes fist*
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

wondering if secretly the girl was glad to escape him too...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  wondering if secretly the girl was glad to escape him too...
                  That would not surprise me a bit.

"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey
                  Can't you feel 'em schoolin' around
                  You got fins to the left, fins to the right
                  And you're the only bait in town"
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

o yeah i have that song in my head every time i read the title here.

Comment

You probably saved that poor girl from Creeper McCreeperson McWindow Peeperson.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Creeper McCreeperson McWindow Peeperson.
                        To completely resist the urge to add on to this I instead give you a webcomic link that sort of does it for me: http://www.explosm.net/comics/2716/

Comment

Working...
                        X