This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time, wish I didn't have to...

Hello there fellow CSers! It has been a while, mainly due to my bf and I's sudden need to move because of a**hole roommate (long story) and the sudden upsurge of homework because I will be graduating within the next year (yay!), I have not had time to post as much as I used. That and it seems that SC's kinda calmed down due to the cold winter we had. But of course, since the temperatures have (thankfully) risen to almost summer like quality, the SC's have to come out full force, I am of course there to take the brunt of it it seems.

Back up white bitch!
    This is not fratching, but the woman's race comes into play, as does the other customer's.

LBW: Large black woman
    Me: oh god, why?
    ML: Muslim Lady in the next aisle over

So, I step up to the self check outs at my local Wally World and wait. The checkout directly in front me is out of order, thus I have to wait a bit while the mom and her kid check out a large cart. I have two things, mind you, a 24pk of soda and a bottle of veggy oil. Now granted, there is a LARGE crest display between my side and the other side. I could understand if she hadn't seen me and apologized about it, but this is CS, it's never that simple.
    The mom/son pair leave, I bend over to pick up the soda (had been a long wait and couldn't hold the case anymore due to a sprain in my wrist starting to act up), I look up and.....LBW is at the checkout.

Me: *a little erked* Uh, excuse me?
    LBw: *ignores me while trying to figure out how exactly to work the machine*
    Me: Excuse me!
    LBW: *cue catbutt face* What?
    Me: Uh, I was next. I've been standing here for ten minutes.
    LBW: Well so have I! I've got an appointment to go to!
    Me: yeah, no. I say you walk up about a minute ago on the other side of the display.
    LBW: I don't believe you! Just back the fuck up white bitch and wait your turn!
    Me:
    ML: *leaning over from clerked checkout* Actually, she's right, she's been waiting for a while and.....
    LBW: Oh shut up and go back to your sandy little shit hole of a country! *leaves*
    ML and Me: *look at each like "Dafuq just happened?"*

Well, I'm fuming a little but thank the ML for at least trying to stand up for me. She was all smiles saying it was nothing. I complimented her on her very pretty hijab as we both exited to see....
    LBW's car being towed out of a handicap spot. Pwned hardcore.

Picard facepalm
    ...because any other just wouldn't do.
    Driving earlier today along a busy street heading to me parents' house in next town over. Red car in front me......oh I think they're going to turn without a turn sign.....oh wait nevermind, going straight......no turnin.....no strai....WTF???!!!!!
    We get to the stop light and I notice something.....Her front mirror is pulled down and she is......wait for it......PUTTING ON FRACKING MAKEUP! AS SHE'S DRIVING! Dear lord, what is wrong with you woman! She then takes off from the light at an angle and ends up in the farther right lane for a bit, then our lane, then the middle turn lane, then our lane again......I stayed a good 10ft or more back from her, fearing a head on from another idiot who isn't paying attention. Thankfully, she then decides she'll just pull into the car dealership on the left to finish it up. *bangs head on steering wheel and still has better control then she did*

I don't think you're supposed to call a cop that....
    But then I remember what city I live in. Me and bf are outside smoking, (as per our lease at the new place. Sucked when it was cold or raining, but eh, it's a nice place so I don't blame them) when a group of very loud...people....walk down the street. A local cop is turning onto our road and as he is doing so, one of the "gentlemen" exclaim "Man, you're fucking ugly!" at the cop car. The cop slowed, looked at us. We shrugged and mouthed "Lima" He nodded in agreement, shrugged, and kept going. The cops around here get way worse than that, so I'm pretty sure he got more of a giggle out it than anything.

That is it for now, thankfully, but seeing as how it is officially spring break for most of the colleges in this town and surrounding area, I have feeling the silence won't last long at all. *sigh* But hey! I can legally drink now, so yay! I can drown my sorrows in a bottle of Kraken rum
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Quoth Tithera View Post
    I complimented her on her very pretty hijab
    I know!

We have a Muslim community living around us, and some of the hijabs and other modesty-clothing are absolutely beautiful!

The cop slowed, looked at us. We shrugged and mouthed "Lima" He nodded in agreement, shrugged, and kept going.
    What does 'Lima' mean, in that context?
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
      I complimented her on her very pretty hijab
      8D I have allllllways wanted to know where this magical shiny place is where they get those!! The fabric and the beading is like nothing I've seen elsewhere. I waaaaant.
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I love it when Karma comes calling on the jerkasses of the world, like LBW in the first story.

Granted, part of me wants it to be Kharma calling on them instead...
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

no wonder she was in a hurry. she wanted to get out of the store before she got towe.... Too late!

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            I know!

We have a Muslim community living around us, and some of the hijabs and other modesty-clothing are absolutely beautiful!

What does 'Lima' mean, in that context?
            It is the city we live in here in Ohio. whenever something happens around here, the only way to really explain it is that it is Lima. Much like the "Aliens" guy. It's kind of hard to explain to someone who has never encountered LIma before, but once you live here or visit here often enough, you'll understand.
            Lima is also referred to as "Little Detroit" if that helps any in understanding the context.
            Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
              yay! I can drown my sorrows in a bottle of Kraken rum
              Isn't it brilliant stuff? I'm not a big drinker, I've always been one for "girlie" drinks instead of shots & beer because I have this strange need to only drink things that taste nice... Kraken tastes nice!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Well, I guess Ms. Line-jumper did have an appt. after all...with the towing company...
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Guess jackass should have backed her own fat ass out of the handicapped space - PWNED!

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
                    It is the city we live in here in Ohio. whenever something happens around here, the only way to really explain it is that it is Lima. Much like the "Aliens" guy. It's kind of hard to explain to someone who has never encountered LIma before, but once you live here or visit here often enough, you'll understand.
                    Lima is also referred to as "Little Detroit" if that helps any in understanding the context.
                    Crime? Or large ethnic populations?

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                      8D I have allllllways wanted to know where this magical shiny place is where they get those!! The fabric and the beading is like nothing I've seen elsewhere. I waaaaant.
                      I do think headscarves look lovely!

My sister lives in a neighbourhood that has a lot of new Canadians, and the fabric stores around there are to DIE for. You can get sari silk, fabrics for salwar kameez (these come in precut lengths for gentlemen's and ladies' suits, and the ladies' ones have matching scarves), amazing colourful African prints and batik fabrics... and miles and miles and miles of intricately decorated ribbon, beaded trim, woven braids and so on. And it's so inexpensive compared to the chain fabric stores...!

(Yeah, I'm not really allowed in any of those stores unsupervised anymore )

Comment

Lol...I live in Findlay, Ohio (30 minutes North of Lima, for those of you who don't know). I wish I could act surprised at your stories...but, the last time I was in Lima (Saturday), a guy walked up to the passenger side of my car (where my girlfriend was sitting, my kids in the back seat) and just tried to open the door...I'm not sure what his plans were, but hopefully my hitting the gas and running over his foot keeps him from making similar plans in the future. Lima, indeed.
                        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                          Lol...I live in Findlay, Ohio (30 minutes North of Lima, for those of you who don't know). I wish I could act surprised at your stories...but, the last time I was in Lima (Saturday), a guy walked up to the passenger side of my car (where my girlfriend was sitting, my kids in the back seat) and just tried to open the door...I'm not sure what his plans were, but hopefully my hitting the gas and running over his foot keeps him from making similar plans in the future. Lima, indeed.
                          Makes Fresno look Good...

Comment

yay! I can drown my sorrows in a bottle of Kraken rum
                            my bf just found out there's some drink where you mix it with ginger beer. i'm thinking the recipe means ginger-beer soda (like rootbeer) but ... i happen to have a growler of alcoholic ginger beer (regular beer brewed with ginger) so we're going to try that first.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                              Ah! Fellow Ohioan! Yes, you do truly understand my pain. Nothing beats the story my mom told me about when she was 8 months pregnant with me. They were driving through the south side (aka the literal Hood) when someone threw a rock through her window. Yeah, me and this city have had problems even before I was born.

Comment

Working...
                              X