This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Buglady View Post
    sari silk, fabrics for salwar kameez (these come in precut lengths for gentlemen's and ladies' suits, and the ladies' ones have matching scarves), amazing colourful African prints and batik fabrics... and miles and miles and miles of intricately decorated ribbon, beaded trim, woven braids and so on. And it's so inexpensive compared to the chain fabric stores...!
    **whimper**

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      no wonder she was in a hurry. she wanted to get out of the store before she got towe.... Too late!
      LOL...that was epic.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        I know!

We have a Muslim community living around us, and some of the hijabs and other modesty-clothing are absolutely beautiful!
        Very true. They also look like they're made for comfort.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          **whimper**
          <psssst. here>

trust me
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

We are in Canton, OH the whole damn state is special sometimes. (and not in the good way)
            LOVED the towing story!

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
              I do think headscarves look lovely!

My sister lives in a neighbourhood that has a lot of new Canadians, and the fabric stores around there are to DIE for. You can get sari silk, fabrics for salwar kameez (these come in precut lengths for gentlemen's and ladies' suits, and the ladies' ones have matching scarves), amazing colourful African prints and batik fabrics... and miles and miles and miles of intricately decorated ribbon, beaded trim, woven braids and so on. And it's so inexpensive compared to the chain fabric stores...!

(Yeah, I'm not really allowed in any of those stores unsupervised anymore )
              Do they have a website? MUST look. Mustmustmustmustmust. I can't even sew but I mustmustmustmustmustmustmuuuuuuusssssssssstttttttt ttttttt....
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                Do they have a website? MUST look. Mustmustmustmustmust. I can't even sew but I mustmustmustmustmustmustmuuuuuuusssssssssstttttttt ttttttt....
                And on the other computer I have a link to a company in India that has a physical store in New Jersey and they make bespoke clothing ... a kameez with sleeve, neckline and body options <squee>
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                X