This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age restricted material (quickie)

This customer was actually in line where I worked but ... she wasn't my customer and she was talking to her son.

Woman:
    Son:

She was rolling her eyes at her son for the video game he picked out... Rated M and he was clearly under 17.

I'm not sure if he thought she wouldn't noticed - or thought we wouldn't card (those things cue us to ask for ID when we scan them in the register). But she made him put it back.

Waitwait. A customer. Saw her son was getting an age-restricted game. And MADE HIM PUT IT BACK???

Mind. It is blown.

Comment

Ha. The only place that I knew that carded for R rated movies and M rated games is Wallyworld of Rednecks. I bought a Stephen King movie on a whim. I was underage, but my dad was there and gave the OK. Its under the discretion of the parents, really.. But thats how I grew up. I was able (at least with my dad) to watch Alien when I was 5 . My mom wouldn't even let me watch Power Rangers

Back to the story at hand. I love how the kid thought he was being slick. Good job on the parent for making him put it back too. Thats a rarity in itself.

Comment

I have 10 year old kids make their moms believe Grand Theft Auto is a photography game (Grante Photo).

One lady wouldn't believe me til I got mad and showed her screenshots of San Andreas' Hot Coffee code. Without mentioning the "San Andreas" and "Hot Coffee CODE" parts.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
          I have 10 year old kids make their moms believe Grand Theft Auto is a photography game (Grante Photo).

One lady wouldn't believe me til I got mad and showed her screenshots of San Andreas' Hot Coffee code. Without mentioning the "San Andreas" and "Hot Coffee CODE" parts.
          Well, there is some photography in it. I remember in GTA Liberty City Stories, where you had to take a picture of Giovanni Casa having "Fun", and giving it to Ma Cipriani.

That was a fun mission.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Go mom! More should be like her.

Quoth cashierbex View Post
            <snip>
            But thats how I grew up. I was able (at least with my dad) to watch Alien when I was 5 . My mom wouldn't even let me watch Power Rangers
            LOL! It was the same for me. I've always loved anything dark, scary and gory so I was allowed to watch movies and shows that I was too young for (except, long kissing scenes and sex scenes were fast forwarded haha). Power Rangers was a show my mom wouldn't let me watch either because it was too violent (and stories of kids reenacting scenes were all over the news). Yet watching people get hacked up was ok XD.

Comment

Shit! Some of my fondest childhood movie memories are of my little (by 2 years) bro and me watching the Robocop movies and Terminator 2. There's a reason I refuse to watch any Terminator movie other then that one (well I watched the original at least once since I was a child and I've seen all the new ones at least once. Though I never watched the tv show).
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

M means mild according to my father. T stands for tough in his eyes.

Comment

I grew up watching scary gory movies and playing video games. Granted the video games I played as a kid mostly consisted of Donkey Kong and Mario. ^_^ I got my love of the scary and the supernatural from my mom. She read Stephen King when I was younger and I read RL Stine and the goosebump books and the Fear Street books. When I got to high school I started reading Stephen King myself (I'm more a fan of his short stories). I watched scary movies with my mom. I went with my dad to see "Congo" in theaters. My parents have always pretty easygoing.

Comment

Quoth pltkcelestial18 View Post
                    I grew up watching scary gory movies and playing video games. Granted the video games I played as a kid mostly consisted of Donkey Kong and Mario. ^_^ I got my love of the scary and the supernatural from my mom. She read Stephen King when I was younger and I read RL Stine and the goosebump books and the Fear Street books. When I got to high school I started reading Stephen King myself (I'm more a fan of his short stories). I watched scary movies with my mom. I went with my dad to see "Congo" in theaters. My parents have always pretty easygoing.
                    Omg, those books! I still have so many of those! *goes down memory lane*

Comment

LOVE the Fear Street books. I so need to find those again.

Comment

I've been a lifelong fan of horror flicks and books too. Dean Koontz is a great writer in the genre too. We card for NC17 and M games where I work too.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
                          Omg, those books! I still have so many of those! *goes down memory lane*
                          haha yes! I loved those books as a kid. I think all the goosebump books we had are in my brother's room sitting on a bookshelf not getting read. =( Probably had 15 or 20 of them. My brother's never been much of a reader. He read the harry potter series but that was about it. He's the oddball in the family. What a punk! who doesn't love a good book?

Comment

Working...
                          X