This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you work here or just eat here?

Haven't had one of these in a long time. I was out getting lunch at the nearby burrito place, munching away happily on a shredded beef quesadilla, when some random lady asks me if I worked there.

I politely said that no, I was just eating there like she was.

Then she hit me with this:
    "But you're wearing the same uniform?"

Um, really? You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

This is the t-shirt I'm wearing today: http://winter-artwork.deviantart.com...lves-213927358

Now, if this is the uniform of a burrito place, my Chinese take-out tomorrow better be prepared by The Imp himself.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

What? I don't even....ok, she's crazy.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

But....

You're wearing a shirt. Employees wear shirts.
      You have a logo on your shirt. Employees have logos on their shirts.

C'mon, she's done two whole steps of logic & deduction, and you want her to go even farther and actually read and compare said shirts & logos? Don't you appreciate how much work it was for her just to get that far?

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Um, I wouldn't eat anything anyone from those books made me. Considering what was in the giant pie in the fifth book...
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Uh ... not that it wouldn't make a cool uniform but ...

Comment

So is the store's name "Naked"?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              So is the store's name "Naked"?
              Thankfully, no, but they do sell burritos with that term (i.e., in a bowl)
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've had some random woman come up to me in the Co-op and ask me where something was, assuming I worked there... when I was wearing a tatty Slipknot hoodie, black trousers and an Alice Cooper t-shirt.

Um, no. That looks nothing like the uniform. XD Stupid SC is stupid...
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

"Not... even... close... BUD!"

People see what they want to see... I know I've read stories on here before about people wearing uniforms with the EXACT OPPOSITE color pattern in the store they're shopping in (Red Target shirt at a Best Buy, for example) and people still assume that they work there. It's the same mentality of people reading what they want to read and ignoring signs when it's convenient for them.

Comment

Don't you know that we all work where ever we happen to be at the time? I don't know why customers seem to think that but they do.

If I went by what people tell me, I work in so many places I would never sleep. I have not worked in a place that I have to be face to face with the public since I was a teenager.

I have people push me away from Mr. Mis to ask him where something was just because he was giving me an opinion on what I was trying on.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I used to hang out in a Books a Million between shifts sometimes when I worked at the Olive Garden (wearing my work clothing, which was black pants and a white dress shirt.) BAM employees, at least at the time, wore no uniform.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone thought I worked in the bookstore.

Comment

Whilst chatting with my WayOfTheSub buddies this lunchtime, IN LINE mind you, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "do you work here?" ... I look down, at my silk blouse (don't judge me!), skirt, bright blue stockings, knee high boots... and back up at her, perplexed. Just as I say "...sorry, what?" she says "the <something i didn't catch> is broken" then hears me saying that. So she just walked away, back up to the counter. Um, whattttttttt?
                        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                        What's the difference?
                        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

And then there's the ones who come up to me, while I am wearing both a name tag and a vest that says STAFF on it (both of which have the store logo on them), and after I have in fact greeted them and asked them if I can be of assistance - they start to speak, stop, look puzzled, and inquire whether I work there. Three times in a ROW last week. I gave up.

Comment

I've had people walk up to me and ask me that when I have my name tag on, wearing red and kahki (can't spell today, sorry), walkie on my hip and carrying a PDA. I've always wanted to answer, "No, I don't work it but I've always liked the look. Do you think I've carried it off?"
                            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                              I've had people walk up to me and ask me that when I have my name tag on, wearing red and kahki (can't spell today, sorry), walkie on my hip and carrying a PDA. I've always wanted to answer, "No, I don't work it but I've always liked the look. Do you think I've carried it off?"
                              That is just begging for a Bill Engvall "Here's your sign" retort.

Comment

Working...
                              X