Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local Taco Bell is now wearing those shirts!

Comment

I do my grocery shopping in the supermarket accross the road from the petrol station. Cuz the petrol station is attached to the supermarket, and also cuz I used to work on checkouts before I transferred, I do occasionally get an SC asking me to help them when I'm there shopping. I think they recognise me by my hair; my hair's quite distinctive, being bright red with two blonde streaks in front.

While I don't mind doing something that doesn't inconvienience me; for example, telling a customer what time the petrol station closes or getting something down for a short customer off a high shelf, I draw the line at running all over the place doing chores for SCs. As far as I'm concerned, they can bloody well go and bother someone who's getting paid to do their jobs.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
        That is just begging for a Bill Engvall "Here's your sign" retort.
        I thought that too at the time
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I seem to give off the "I work here" vibe whenever I'm at the hobby shop. Probably because the owner lets regular customers behind the counters...but also because I apparently look like I know what I'm doing

In fact, while I was in a certain shop across town...some older woman wanted to know about the R/C cars the shop carried. I know a few things that they sell--since I frequent the place. But, R/C isn't my thing...even though I was going through their selection of 1/8 scale suspension parts. I guess it was because if I didn't need something, I carefully returned it to its proper location on their display. In fact, she looked a bit shocked that I didn't work there
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X