Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrecked a pair of flip flops at the park today. Giant piece of woodchip got stuck under one of them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

See, I don't mind getting wet if I'm going home or I know I'll have a change of clothes, but I don't like having to sit in wet clothes all day in class or at work. :P Also, I'll run if I have my laptop in my backpack because the latter isn't all that water resistant haha.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Regarding weather and how people dress, just remember that the definition of a sweater is something a kid has to put on when their mother gets cold.
        That was my childhood . . . . my grandmother would try to make ME wear a sweater whenever SHE felt cold.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You guys, it's snowing here today...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            And I have to say I pictured Irv wearing rainbow-striped sandals. I didn't know that was a brand.
            Yup. They're leather flip flops that last much longer than the cheapies you can buy anyplace, and they mold to your feet as you wear them.

I probably even bought them in your mall.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So what if she was cold? I felt fine. I don't have to dress like her.
              I drive Mom crazy like that sometimes. she's more sensitive to the cold because of her age and condition (she's on blood thinners). So it's understandable that in the winter she has the heat at 70.

sometimes i made her feel cold just looking at me cos... when i was visiting, 70 was comfortable enough for me to wear shorts. (not to mention i'd been in the habit of keeping the heat at 55 or so in my own apartment - except if they were visiting)

and rain... well that's something else too. i still remember getting completely soaked while standing watch in the rain in Japan. cos in the spring it sometimes rains for a day or two straight. when i got to my bf's place to change, i changed into shorts and a shirt cos... i already had one pair of sopping wet pants to deal with. and bare legs (or half-bare legs) dry faster than legs encased completely in fabric.

Comment

I've lived here all my life. I think there's an umbrella in my car, but I haven't used one in decades.

If it's raining, I just hold my glasses in my hand as I meander towards the doors. (I can still see vague shapes without them... )
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  You're excused, jester. And I have to say I pictured Irv wearing rainbow-striped sandals. I didn't know that was a brand.
                  Yeah, as Irv said, it's a brand. My ex-GF, when told about them, thought the same thing, until my sister explained the difference.

Alas, they only sell those "thong" flip-flops that I can't stand wearing. So, none for me, thanks.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I just wander around in the warm rain and when others complain about me getting soaked, "Hey, I ain't a wicked witch." Glasses stay on my face, I just wipe them on the glasses rag in my purse when I get inside. I don't wear makeup and I don't fuss with the hair, so it's no big if I get wet.
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I have to laugh, I get the rain thing. See, where I grew up, it rained 3 days out of 4. We had a lot of words for rain, none of them printable. But it has to be raining pretty damn hard before I really notice. Even with glasses. I'll run out for a smoke at work and when I come back in invariably someone will boggle at me and get all upset that I have to smoke in the rain. Quite often I'll blink and peer out the window and go 'Oh yeah, it is drizzling a bit, innit?'. I really don't notice the rain until it's dripping off my nose.

It's funny because it's not like Nova Scotia is the dryest location on the planet, it just doesn't rain quite as much as the BC coast. It's just rain, people, and you're really not going to melt or be permanently scarred from getting a few drops of water on your hairspray.

However, I really need to have a talk with Mr. Sandals. As in, dude wears sandals every day of the bloody year, even when there's a foot of snow down in the parking lot. He only wears PANTS when it's really cold. Shorts the entire year if he can. And this guy is from the south of France. Makes us northerners look bad.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                        I
                        However, I really need to have a talk with Mr. Sandals. As in, dude wears sandals every day of the bloody year, even when there's a foot of snow down in the parking lot. He only wears PANTS when it's really cold. Shorts the entire year if he can. And this guy is from the south of France. Makes us northerners look bad.
                        People do that here. Today I saw people outside wearing shorts & tank tops, while others wore zipped-up winter jackets and knit hats. Some people were wearing flip flops and others wore Ugg boots.

It's what we call 'transition weather.'
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I tend to wear short sleeves year-round. If I do wear long sleeves, more often than not, I end up rolling the sleeves up at some point. I tend to get too warm with long sleeves.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                            myself and Mr. Katt were once walking in a torrential downpour* loudly commenting on how terrified people were of water falling from the sky, and questioning how horrible it must be for them to shower...we got some nasty looks, especially as we were skipping and jumping in the puddles.

I wish that was true... my hubby hates even a single drop of rain getting on him... and yet takes forever to shower.
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I always say I am neither too sweet nor too evil to melt. You get that same behavior up here in the land of rain. It is funny to watch.
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                              X