Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care if its the law- you do what I want!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care if its the law- you do what I want!

Sighting relayed by a friend yesterday:

<backstory> In Victoria (BC) last year, a city law was implemented that nobody under the age of 18 could get a tan in a tanning salon. (This has since been voted on to be implemented province-wide ( http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome )

Friend was in Victoria visiting her Mom, and they went to get their hair done at a combo salon/tanning place. While there, a mother brought her two teenage daughters in for tans for Prom. Cue absolute SCREAMING on the Mothers part and crying on the girls part when informed that, SORRY, due to city restrictions, minors cannot get tans - even with parental consent.

Which leads to more screaming, threats, "I'll call the police!!" "You're ruining their Prom!," "How DARE you do this to them!!!" etc saying that it was their right as a citizen to let their kids get tans even if the law said otherwise. When told to leave the salon, Mother of the Year starts throwing bottles of shampoo that were stacked by the register at the cashier!

Cashier says "You know what- I'll call those cops for you!" - to which the 3 then hightail it out of the salon, but not before the 2 teenage girls try swiping some hair clips from a display by the door.

Crazy must run in the family.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

I love it--"I'll call the cops for you!" Yeah, even if the sucktomer had called them, officer would've been like, "So your complaint is that the salon won't break the law for you?" What makes people think the cops will side with them and against the law? Also, has the SC never heard of self-tanners? Or, I don't know...the SUN? duh
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Clearly they've never heard of fake tan.

I remember about the week before my high school formal (which was held mid-year...in winter), I came in one Thursday morning around recess time (If you had a double free period you could stay home, which I did), I go to sign in and quickly talk to my homegroup teacher, only to walk in and see her with what looked like a radioactive carrot. (my friend's description, not mine)

Turns out that one of the girls in my year had decided to fake tan the week before the formal, so she wasn't orange on the night. And it worked, although she'd toned it down HEAPS by the time the big day rolled around. (although her type I would honestly like to see on Snog, Marry, Avoid)

Given that we have one of the highest rates of skin cancer down here, it wasn't a surprise that nobody used a solarium the week beforehand.

(and no, I don't fake tan, don't believe in it)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My, times have drastically changed since I went to the prom over twenty years ago. I was not even aware getting a tan was part of the prom get-up these days.

What's next? We have to get a bikini wax because our mid drifts will look horrible under our prom dresses?

Comment

In my neck of the woods....yes.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
            My, times have drastically changed since I went to the prom over twenty years ago. I was not even aware getting a tan was part of the prom get-up these days.

What's next? We have to get a bikini wax because our mid drifts will look horrible under our prom dresses?
            I didn't fake tan. Neither did my friends.

But we still looked amazing.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X