X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    Blech. You can have it.
    I figured if I was in fight over who would get it, it would be going to the loser of that fight if I won.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Only thing I might fight for is if it included a ticket to meet in person certain stars. List is a bit long, true..but since there is no such item..not worth fighting over lol.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

As for the women fighting over the DVD...people just let themselves get SO stressed out nowadays, that they will flip out over the smallest thing.

Comment

I cannot imagine an all-out brawl over a freakin' DVD. Even if it was limited edition, gold-plated, and came with a free bag of money, I would've just pre-ordered the darn thing.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            I figured if I was in fight over who would get it, it would be going to the loser of that fight if I won.
            reminds me of a line in one of Bujold's Sharing Knife books (quoted from memory):

Fawn: "Where'd you get that awful horse, anyway?"

Dag: "Lost a wager with a keelboat man about ten years ago."

eta: w00t. 1500 posts.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              reminds me of a line in one of Bujold's Sharing Knife books (quoted from memory):

Fawn: "Where'd you get that awful horse, anyway?"

Dag: "Lost a wager with a keelboat man about ten years ago."

eta: w00t. 1500 posts.
              I'd forgotten that bit! Love those books. Especially the wedding night scene: "Yes--that's--very--nice...!"
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I'd forgotten that bit! Love those books. Especially the wedding night scene: "Yes--that's--very--nice...!"
                So how many Bujold fans do we have here? Anybody else on the email list?
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Not on the mail-list, but definitely a fan. I'm just rereading Winterfair Gifts.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                    Not on the mail-list, but definitely a fan. I'm just rereading Winterfair Gifts.
                    You should join the list, we are getting ready to start a Vorkosiverse re-read as the last official Vor book is due out November 6th.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      lol. Make it Viggo Mortensen (edit: him, not his undies!) and I'll raise you.... MY AXE.
                      It is on, PepperElf.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                      X