Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for the shuttle means at or near the curbside!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for the shuttle means at or near the curbside!

This past weekend my girlfriend and I flew to Pittsburgh for a wedding. We booked a shuttle service which isn't tied to any hotel or group of hotels, in fact they pick people up from pretty much anywhere in the area, whether it's a hotel, and office, or residence. We waited in the lobby of our hotel, and the shuttle was about 30 minutes late. While I wish they were on time, I always ask them to pick us up earlier, just in case stuff like this happens. The driver was apologetic and said that today was an especially busy day and everyone essentially had the same exact desired pickup times.

We still had to make two more stops, each at hotels downtown. We arrived at the first hotel, and saw only a guy in the lobby, and the driver knew the pickup was female. She just waited for a minute, and saw a female enter the lobby and kind of saunter to the front desk. We're all getting restless as we're already late, and after she discusses something with the front desk, the clerk picks up the phone. A minute later we hear from the dispatcher, "#444, what's your ETA on the hotel pickup?"

The driver said, "We're already here and waiting."

The front desk clerk hangs up the phone, says something else to the woman, and she starts to saunter to the shuttle, and when she sees us, smiles. She plays chicken with the revolving door, laughing, and continues to take her time exiting the lobby and approaches the driver, who is patiently waiting beside the trunk to take her belongings. When the woman gets right up to the driver, anticipating a conversation.

Driver: "Good morning, I take it you're Mrs. Freeman?"
    Woman: "Nope."
    Us:
    Driver: "Uuuh, are you expecting a pickup from us?"
    Woman: "Nope, I'm parked over there." [points in an entirely different direction than she was originally going]
    Driver: "*sigh* then where is she?"

At this point, the driver, flustered, closes the trunk, and another woman comes up. This woman asks if this is the shuttle she's expecting to take, and gives her name, and then says the pickup is not scheduled for another hour. Well, duh, this shuttle is not yours yet.

Finally, the driver asks the dispatch after another minute of waiting if she can write this one up as a no-show and dispatch agrees. At this point we don't know why the fare asked for an ETA for a late shuttle when she isn't even friggen waiting in the lobby and hasn't checked out yet!!!

Ugh, and as you might have guessed 5 minutes after we leave the hotel and are on the highway on the way to the airport, dispatch tells the driver the pickup is ready and waiting on the curb. Driver says she needs to wait for the next shuttle in an hour. Dispatch says customer is pissed. Prepare for a PFB or M3C post from this woman soon.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Well, jeez, what kind of shuttle service wouldn't make a U-turn in the middle of the highway and zoom back to pick up Ms I'll-Check-Out-When-I'm-Damn-Good-And-Ready??

Comment

When my roommate and I were picked up by the shuttle to take us to the airport we were given a estimated time of arrival and cautioned that it may come anytime between 15 minutes before that time and 15 minutes after. I made sure we were outside before the 15 minutes before mark. And it was exactly on time.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Someone has an airport shuttle confused with a taxi.
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

Working...
        X