Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week I was buying nice earbuds (2 packets) for my new MP3 and a nailbrush. I still can't understand how it went, but I was told it's 5,95, and I was ready to pay about 11, as I had count by myself.

So I started counting out loud. "Hold on, if a pair of earbuds is 5..."
    Salesperson was fast to correct price: "Oh, it's 4.95!!"
    Me: "Okay then but even it's 4.95, two of them should be about ten, and the brush is 1.00...
    SP: "Oh, there were two of them!! I thought there was only one packet, they were stuck all together..."

*Okay, they did set themselfs nicely together backside against backside...*

SP add another earbuds and price was now 10.90. Well, about 11 as I thought. But how did she miss earbud number two, when she had to get price from backside of packet, so for that code she had to separate them?

And I'm still amused how fast the price was corrected...

Comment

Sadly, as many others have pointed out, honesty is all too rare.
      So is being polite and helpful.
      I had to go back to a hardware store to get a part that was missing from a barbeque that I bought. The customer service guy took one from another unit they had on the floor and was astounded that I helped him repack the floor unit and tag it as now having a part missing.
      Another time I thanked a bartender for the drink that I'd just bought. Apparently I was the only person that had said please or thankyou all night.
      Common courtesy, it seems, is not very common these days.
      Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
        I've gotten that, too. The shock, then, "Wow! Thank you for being honest."

"shrug" My mother raised me to be honest.
        Same here, but sometimes one has to wonder. One time the local grocery store made a mistake, I'd wondered why the price seemed so low. It seemed they undercharged me about one-third. I took the receipt back , showed them the error and gave them the difference. They acted like it was more trouble than it was worth, no thank you or anything. So much for that; they overcharge me and I immediately bring it to their attention. They undercharge me (quite a few times since then) and I don't say a word. Wouldn't want to cause them extra work or trouble, you understand...

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The song Class from Chicago is right.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            The idea of an honest person (one who will not try and game the system, rip off or steal or cheat The Man) is now IMO a strange and mytical concept. ya know the stuff of legends and tall tales.
            I am a concept! Woot I am a concept! Wait..is that a good thing? . You are right, however...but it doesn't matter. We honest people will continue to be so, because it is the right thing to do. Doesn't matter who thinks what of us. *shrugs*
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post

Another time, he was handing out high end lip balm. It seems as though he got an unopened box and bullied the cashier into selling it to him for the price of 1 stick because that's how the shelf was marked.
              I accidentally did that with some t-shirt iron-on paper. I didn't bully anyone though, but I grabbed 5 packs of 5 t-shirt iron-on paper, thinking that there was a LOT for that price. I accidentally rang it up as one pack, not realising that the packages were skinnier than what I saw. I get to my appointment and realise my mistake, so I took it back afterwards. The cashiers were a bit surprised when I explained my mistake. I showed them that I had only paid for one package, but accidentally grabbed 5 by mistake because they were bound together. I think they were more like this if anything.

Then there was the time at work when a customer I had just served accidentally dropped his change on the floor as he was leaving. The next customer was a mother with 2 kids, the oldest was about 8-9 and the youngest about 5. The 5-year-old picked up the money on the floor, chased after the customer I had just served and handed it back to him, without any prompting from his mum.

The customer I had just served thanked the boy, his mum, and then gave him the change as a thank you for being honest. It wasn't that much (about 50c) but the boy was excited.

He got a few stickers from me as a reward (we had stickers behind the counter that we could give to the kids at our discretion. I generally used them if the kids were helping their parents or for good behaviour) for his honesty.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
              X