X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher-up's family...

Short and sweet...if not strange...

At one of our merchandise carts there seems to be a high concentration of my...erm...boss' cousins. The kind with long tails, made famous by NYC.

Yes, there's rats down where one of our royals, the one with the long blond hair, does her meet and greets. They're also by the Opium Den (the CM smoking area) and down the path to the funnel cake place.

Between them and the roaches I'm having a hard time with my co-workers. They flee and squeal more than the critters do!

And yes, we've called almost every day for these pests to be dealt with. Still waiting...

great. loiters you can't exactly kick out cos they'll whine to the boss?

Comment

If there's rats and roaches, I'm pretty sure a call to the Health Department would work magic.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm sure the Big D likely has influence over local government. And probably state to a degree. :/

Comment

you'd be surprised. even walmart has to answer to health code inspections. so whomever "big d" is... they have to answer too.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            you'd be surprised. even walmart has to answer to health code inspections. so whomever "big d" is... they have to answer too.
            That would be where it all started with a mouse.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
              Unfortunately, I'm sure the Big D likely has influence over local government. And probably state to a degree. :/
              They're not vermin, they're cast members in costume...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                They're not vermin, they're cast members in costume...
                Love you Dalesys!

More news: I saw a few of the smaller ones. Apparently there's NYC-sized ones asking for directions down there, but I haven't seen any. They're "working on it" but I DID find out their nest is by the plant sculptures near the cups of tea . There is a rather extensive tunnel system under THOSE bushes. We've been searching in the wrong area.

Comment

Sounds like you found the NIMH branch of the family. Just keep the nest to the lee of the stone. . .

Comment

Might not be rats, if they're that large. There's an invasive species called the Gambian pouched rat (which despite the name isn't really a rat) which is approximately cat-sized. A colony of them got loose in the Keys a few years ago, and the folks in charge were hoping they wouldn't make it to the mainland. Check the pics on pikiwedia...

Comment

The Big D named names during the McCarthy era. Rat indeed!

Comment

Working...
                      X