This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktastic at Taco Bell

This happened quite a while ago. I didn't see all of it, because I got very uncomfortable midway through and took a quick trip to the bathroom. But I have the rest of the report from my Mom.

Mom and I stopped at Taco Bell on our way to a special bra/lingerie store. We ordered, took our food and sat down, the usual. As we were eating a family of five came in. At first we hardly noticed but they quickly got our attention with how loud they were being. The mother and father of the team were absolutely nit-picking the way the poor staff were making burritoes, and taking offense at EVERYTHING.

That was when I fled in discomfort. My mom continued to watch, though, and says that as the adults were shouting the children were SHOVELING their food in. They'd gotten burritoes first and they were going to town! Then the parents started demanding a refund and calling all the workers incompetent. I could here some of the shouting in the bathroom. As I came out, there was a loud crash as the man SLAMMED the door on leaving. They'd gotten their refund, the kids had gotten a full meal, and we were absolutely disgusted.

I kind of wish we'd said something at the time, but I don't think it would have been wise. They were giving off a 'we are rabid and will bite' vibe. Probably why the cashier gave them a refund.

That's just shameful. A scam to get a full meal for free.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      That's just shameful. A scam to get a full meal for free.
      Exactly, that's why the kids were inhaling their food like vacuum cleaners. Mom and Dad distract the cashiers by bitching, the kids eat as fast as possible, get refund, leave on a full stomach. Personally, someone should have called the police since they were making a scene. The people basically came in there with the intention to scam a free meal.

Comment

If the kids already got their food, how can mom and pop complain about the food and get a refund? I can see while they're being made. but after they actually receive food, they pay for it. THEN they get the bags.

Comment

They weren't getting it to go, so no bags, and as the cashiers prepared things they put them on a tray where the kids could reach them. *tilts head* Is that the way it's usually done at Taco Bell?

Comment

Taco Bell will put them in a bag if you order it to go. If its to eat in, they put it on one of those plastic trays instead.

If you change your mind its easy enough to simply put it into a bag or onto a tray after the fact. Its all wrapped the same anyways.

Comment

I'm wondering where the supervisor/manager was while these sorry excuses of human existence pulled this crap

I'm not saying the workers made crappy food, but IT"S TACO BELL! Not a 4 star super class restaurant, even though those people i doubt will ever get to go to one, let alone be allowed to act the way they did. I mean its fast food, you expect it to be idk nutrition savvy?

Reminds me years back standing in line and this lady cutting in front of customers cause she refused to wait in line cause she was in a rush. Then barking orders of how she wanted her burger to be well done, her fries to be fresh and not soggy, her drink not water'd down. All while I shook my head at the fact she was purchasing a $1.99 'All American Meal' at the Golden Arches.

Unfortunately though If ya make a big enough scene in a situation demanding a refund, people will cave in. Like when I was working at the autocenter, a customer who i wrote up for an oil change, a customer who i saw walking around the autocenter who I'm sure saw his vehicle's oil getting change, came back an hour after it was done and started going off on how we hadn't done anything, just cause the the lube tech parked the SC's vehicle in the same parking spot the customer parked it when he came in. I countered saying that we go out to his vehicle or go as far as bring his car back in, put it on the lift, show him the new oil filter, check the dipstick showing the new oil put in. I was getting livid at this guy while he yelled at me and my assistant manager could tell if it kept going it would be problems. After all I'm a tall, stocky guy and this other guy was tall and big. She stepped in tried to talk the guy down, but in the end just gave the guy the keys and didn't charge the guy the 30 bucks for the oil change. I was soo peeved that the guy got away with a free oil change, but I know that guy wouldn't be back so while he drove off, I yelled that he have a nice day and well my assistant manager placed her hand over my mouth a muffled curse word and something about the guys engine blowing up came out
              "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Working...
              X