This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dafuq?

I'd gone over to ye local pawn shop to sell off a couple of things I didn't need anymore that the salvos wouldn't take for various reasons.

As I rock up, there's a guy at the counter selling off a few small items-an axe among them. All of a sudden I hear "OI YOU DICKHEAD" and the guy at the counter bolts for the door towards his car. I see a group of teenagers also by the car and the guy getting angry and shoving the kids. I'm wondering what the hell is going on...

A woman who was nearby wandered in and explained to us that the teenagers were trying to steal stuff from Guy At Counter's car. By this point, the Pawn Shop Employee has gone out to try and defuse the situation, while another employee sprints out to see what's going on and to take the counter.

Eventually it turns out that the teenagers were trying to steal whatever was valuable from Guy At Counter's car and were in the process of breaking in when Guy At Counter spotted them.

Eventually it looks like things are going to get ugly, so the police are called. The teenagers then bolt off elsewhere.

While Guy At Counter's stuff was being processed, as was mine, it turned out that the teenagers had been in earlier for various reasons, so if they had come back, their details would've been on file. And because Pawn Shop is part of a larger chain, their details are shared with ALL the pawn shops.

I considered myself lucky that I had parked some distance away and walked over instead.
    Last edited by fireheart; 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Ahhhh, pwning tastes GOOD in the morning!

Glad those little jerks didn't get away with it, and that they'll probably be tracked-down.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I think the little would-be thieves are soon to get a nice tall class of PWNADE!(tm)
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I really expected to hear the axe play a larger role...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The stupid is strong in those kids - PWNED!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            I really expected to hear the axe play a larger role...
            It would've been funnier if he'd actually run out the door WITH the axe.

Comment

At least we know they'll never work for Carmen Sandiego. She doesn't hire losers.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                At least we know they'll never work for Carmen Sandiego. She doesn't hire losers.
                Then why do we keep finding them?
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                  Then why do we keep finding them?
                  They don't have the mad hiding skilz of Waldo, obviously. Maybe they should invest in red and white vertical striped shirts...
                  Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Wait, wait - the moron teenagers actually stuck around until someone threatened to call the police? You'd think they'd bolt the moment the angry vehicle owner came running toward them. What if he had a weapon? He just came from a pawn shop, how did they know he wasn't purchasing a knife or gun? Better yet, how did they know he wasn't a murderous psychopath?

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
                      Wait, wait - the moron teenagers actually stuck around until someone threatened to call the police? You'd think they'd bolt the moment the angry vehicle owner came running toward them. What if he had a weapon? He just came from a pawn shop, how did they know he wasn't purchasing a knife or gun? Better yet, how did they know he wasn't a murderous psychopath?
                      Oops, I should've explained a bit further.

The buying section of the pawn shop was located around the back (where the car theft took place). The front of the pawn shop faces out onto a main road and also has about 3-4 other shops directly on either side of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X