This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, apparently accounting is evil.

Now, I know accountants are kinda up there with lawyers in the evil corporate stereotype, but damn! Apparently, I'm going to hell for it.

I was walking home from my accounting class today and, as one would assume, carring a textbook. Some old bat stopped me and started yelling at me about how I'm some evil, money-grubbing Jew bastard and that I was going to hell for robbing people of their money.

Um...what? Did her parents get killed by a roving gang of accountants when she was a small child? Did an accountant knock her out and rape her in an alleyway or something? And how'd she get the Jewish part out of it? I'm not even religious! And this was a textbook for a first-year accounting class!

I hates peoples.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

OMG! Not an accountant!!!!!

Seriously, though? Accountant? Evil? I like you guys, you usually know tricks for saving money, and at the least, let me know when I'm about to be in deep financial doo-doo.

Some people just make me
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Seriously, though? Accountant? Evil? I like you guys, you usually know tricks for saving money, and at the least, let me know when I'm about to be in deep financial doo-doo.
      I majored in accounting...and do know a few ways to save money. *Legal* ways, that is I always tell people not to piss me off...or I'll have the IRS audit them so much their eyeballs will bleed
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Not to start an argument, but the "Jew" comment was because in the olden days Christians were not allowed to touch money (the whole Temple money changers deal) so Jewish folks were the bankers, accountants, etc.

And still today there are a lot of Jewish accountants (not like even 50 years ago though).

Granted that woman was just being nuts/bitter. My guess is an unscroupulus accountant screwed her over in some way shape or form in the past.

Comment

I have an accounting degree so that makes me 'Queen of the Evil Accountants'. BWHHAAAAAAA!! HAAAA! I love it. Where's my t-shirt?
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I can balance my checkbook...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              My husband has an Associate's Degree in Accounting and he CAN'T balance the checkbook! So yeah ... ahem ... *cough cough* Well, just wanted to say that. I'll be going now.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                My husband has an Associate's Degree in Accounting and he CAN'T balance the checkbook! So yeah ... ahem ... *cough cough* Well, just wanted to say that. I'll be going now.
                My dad has a habit of going all dyslexic and transposing numbers when he's doing the checkbook. Then my mom has to sort it out. Luckily they're very conscientious about keeping receipts...hmm, maybe I just figured out why... (And I let this man do my taxes?)
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Heh .. I let my husband do our taxes. But we use Turbo Tax, virtually idiot proof.

He works as a budget analyst for the Fed Gov't .... he can do balancing of large budgets but not our small one. But then again, he has an office full of people to help him out, so that might be a clue ....

Comment

I work for a CPA firm, and usually, the people that hate us, are the people that try to fudge their books, and when we audit them, and catch them, they get in trouble.

Other than that, as far as I know, not many people hate us. If they do, maybe it's because we are the ones that get to deliver the news about how much tax they have to pay?

Comment

Quoth Girly View Post
                      I work for a CPA firm, and usually, the people that hate us, are the people that try to fudge their books, and when we audit them, and catch them, they get in trouble.
                      So accountants are evil because they hold people accountable for their accounts?
                      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Perhaps she'd previously been victimized by the Crimson Permanent Assurance?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I can, too. It turns out that I'm quite talented. Yaaaaaaaaaay me.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I always remember sitting with an old and much loved co-worker in the lunch room bitching about customers, and the bloomin woman came out with this jem...

"Well the old stingy Jews who run this place would steal a penny from your arse if they could"

I actually couldnt believe she had said it, I just stared at her for a few minutes and told her that I didnt believe she was capable of saying something so ...uneducated.

I lost alot of respect for her that day!

(the owners werent jewish, they were however stingy as all hell)
                            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                            X