This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father is oblivious

I've been working as a bookkeeper for my dad's company. I was going through his bills the other day and trying to sort out what had been paid, and what had not. I asked him about his insurance bills and he said:
    "Oh, I got tired of paying those all the time. They send so many! So I just told my agent to drive over here whenever he needs a cheque and I'll write him one then."

(Dad insisted that the agent doesn't mind. I would argue that he wouldn't be sending him bills once a month if he really wasn't hoping that this time he'd just mail the damn cheque.)
    I will admit that, due to the nature of his company, he carries a lot of insurance. I'm sure this agent doesn't want to lose that sizable commission, and will probably do whatever he needs to keep Dad's business. But is driving all the way over to my dad's once a month really the best use of this guy's time? And how the hell is that EASIER for my dad? I wouldn't want a rep from my phone or gas companies coming over to my house once a month. I'd rather just deal with them electronically.
    I called the agent (he's MY agent too) and told him that I'd be mailing out the cheques from now on. My dad embarasses me sometimes.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Could you ask the agent if there's a way to consolidate all the bills so you just get one bill a month? Or see if an automatic electronic payment setup is an option?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X