This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Big Satellite Radio Company...

Sure it's gonna be real hard to guess who they are. There are so many after all.

Anyhoo, I get that I used to subscribe to you. Had a radio and the internet sub as well. Enjoyed it, especially the alt-rock stations (I was into Foster the People before you even heard of them /hipster ). Comedy channel was pretty good, and I used to listen to a couple of the talk radio shows. It was fun while it lasted.

But, look, I got into podcasts in a big way. Plus, the phone I have now, I can stick a bunch of music on there along with my podcasts. This means I really didn't need the service anymore.

And hey, you actually were great to be a subscriber to. Twice, when due to lack of money as I was out of work, I called to cancel, you gave me free time. Appreciated. With that six months total of time free, I stayed on an extra year and a half. So it was cool.

When you offered me free time, and even a brand new radio to boot last time I called to cancel - the final time - I appreciated it, and let you know I did. But I also made it clear that I would still be cancelling, as I hadn't actually turned on the radio or the internet player in three months. It was just a drain.

I get it though, when you called me back after that. Trying to regain the customer. I explained again why I was cancelling, that I appreciated their service and their call, but I would not be re-subscribing.

I started to get it less when you called back a second time. And a third. And fourth. And, hey, look, there's a fifth. I started to appreciate it less and less when, every time you called, I asked you to not contact me again. I'm sorry, I'd say, still polite, still patient. I do not want to re-up for your service. I have no use of it. Do not call again, goodbye.

What? No, I don't want a new radio that I wouldn't use. Goodbye.

Then we start getting two calls a week from the company, rather than one. We bought a new (used) car, see, and it had three free months of the same service. After explaining to this person that we used to subscribe, but would not be upping this subscription when it ended, we hoped against hope, finally, that this would be the end of it.

Ah, no, now the double calls are coming in at the same frequency. Thank you for that. No, really, don't call again. My patience and politeness is starting to wear thin, and while I know it's not the fault of the person actually on the other end of the phone, you don't want to be that person at this point. I can come up with some pretty colorful ways to say "don't call again" over and over again, just as you seem to enjoy changing the times when you call again.

Of course, the funny thing? The Wife was considering re-upping the internet portion of it as she kind of missed listening to the Alt Rock station. Not anymore.

In your desperation to retain a customer, you have, in fact, lost a customer.

tl;dr version - they're a bunch of arseholes who won't leave me alone.

If you tell them to take you off their list, and they keep calling you, they may be liable under Do-Not-Call regulations. Might even be worth speaking with an attorney. I think it's a $5000 per call penalty.

Comment

Yeahhh, that's right into harassment or stalker territory.

I suggest demanding a supervisor. Also, make sure that you clearly state that you are no longer interested in their product and you want them to remove you from their contact list. Do this 5 times, because some companies have a set number of "No's" before you'll be taken seriously. Request to be put on their Do Not Call list.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to do. I've never had to go beyond the sup...
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/unwanted-t...arketing-calls
        FCC regulations, specifically the information on company specific DNC lists.
        http://www.fcc.gov/complaintsElectronic form for complaints.
        From the sounds of it they have seriously breached the regs and need a nice smackdown.
        To ensure it does not happen again, we have changed our slogan to "F%#k you, I'm eating!" ----- Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
        X