This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare he quench his thirst!!!

A sighting that involved a co-worker and TWO of my managers. So, it was very busy, we were all tired, but never mind. A customer comes up to the bar and asks a co-worker for three double vodka red bulls. OK, but as the co-worker was making them, the vodka bottle ran empty, so he had to ask the manager to get more. Co-worker informed the customer, and said it would just be a minute.

We have a strict policy of who is allowed into the spirit room, because we've had incidents involving people stealing bottles of whiskey and gin, so only managers and supervisors are allowed in there. So the manager went into the room to get more vodka. While my co-worker waited, he went to the sink and very quickly poured himself a drink of water...

The manager connected up the new vodka, and immediately, co-worker resumed making the drinks. All of a sudden, the customer went mad.

SC: I WANT TWO OF THOSE DOUBLE VODKA RED BULLS FOR FREE!

SC = obvious
    M = Manager
    AM = Assistant Manager

AM: I'm sorry, why do you want two of those for free?
    SC: BECAUSE HE WAS SERVING ME! HE WAS SERVING ME, BUT HE THOUGHT HE COULD GO ON A LITTLE BREAK AND HAVE A DRINK!
    AM: Because he was waiting on us getting the vodka for your order...
    SC: I AM THE CUSTOMER! HE WAS SERVING ME! WHEN HE IS NOT SERVING ME HE CAN GET A DRINK!
    AM: I'm sorry, but he was waiting for us. I'm sorry for your wait, but there was nothing we could do about it. He couldn't do anything else with your order while he waited for the vodka...

The poor co-worker presents the completed drinks.

SC: I AM ONLY PAYING FOR ONE!

He bangs enough money for one drink on the bar, and tries to walk away.

AM: Oh no you don't!

He grabs two of the drinks and places them behind the bar.

SC: HOW DARE YOU! I THINK GIVING ME THESE FOR FREE IS THE LEAST YOU COULD DO FOR HIS IGNORANCE!
    AM: No! You are not getting them until you pay!

The cusomter hands over the rest of the money. The assistant manager gives him his drinks back.

SC: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

THAT saying, is my managers most hated saying. Say it near the manager, and you're screwed.

The manager jumped in, grabbed the three drinks.

M: Get the f**k out of my bar!
    SC: I PAID FOR THOSE DRINKS!
    M: GET OUT!!!

He left...very very quickly. We put the drinks in the fridge and drank them once we had closed.

"Ignorance?" Because he had a little water? Geez, it's not like me mixed himself a fancy-schamncy drink or something and then got around to serving the customer. It's just water, for crying out loud.

And don't even get me started on "the customer is always right..."
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

It's not like he was nipping off the customer's drinks.
      Idiot. Go drink some Hamms at home then, if you want to be an ass.

Comment

The customer is always right......My Ass. I hate when they say that. One of my old managers would have a field day, with your customer, if he said that to her
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Someone just made a gimmie grab... and got what they deserved.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Good for your AM! It's nice to see management with a backbone.

How dare you get a drink of water, like an actual human being! Don't you know your only purpose is to serve the customer, then you can plug yourself back into the Borg Mainframe when the bar is closed?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What's wrong with him is no little thing.

**Bonus points if you get the reference.**
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                What's wrong with him is no little thing.

**Bonus points if you get the reference.**
                I know! I know!
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                X