This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Refill Argument

I was heading to work and got stuck in line behind a couple arguing over 50c on their coffee refill.

The c-store we were at has 99c refills on all sizes. They also have a $1.49 refill for excessive sizes though (I believe it's 64 oz and over). This couple had filled a huge thermos with coffee and proceeded to argue for 10+ minutes about paying the 50c.

While I do agree that tiny print exceptions are annoying. It's 50c. It's also IMO common sense that "all sizes" needs to be limited to semi-normal sizes in order to compensate for those people doing exactly this. They filled the largest container they could find in order to get more for the .99. Uggg.

If it was posted that excessive refills were $1.49, and I had a big thermos, I'd ask how much my refill would be. Actually, the last time I wasn't sure, my fave mngr at the gas station gave me the cheapest price because of my good attitude about it. And who has 10 minutes to argue about 50 cents?!? My time is worth more than that!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If 50 cents is that important to them, they're cutting their budget way too close, and should probably make their own coffee at home. In the long run it's cheaper.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm wondering how the coupon was worded. If it said "Any Size" in bigger print, and the fine print said that the larger sizes cost more, I'd be ticked off. Not at the workstaff, but at the coupon because I read these things before I use them.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

It's not a coupon. There is a big sign above the fountain/coffee area that reads "refills - 99c all sizes" at the bottom of the sign in smaller but legible print it states that refill prices are good up to 64oz (or whatever the cutoff amount is) and any refills over that are 1.49.

Comment

My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Let me guess, they were elderly right? Older people, in my experience, can be very stubborn and set in their ways. If I am wrong sorry in advance.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I'm wondering how the coupon was worded. If it said "Any Size" in bigger print, and the fine print said that the larger sizes cost more, I'd be ticked off. Not at the workstaff, but at the coupon because I read these things before I use them.
                We use to have that policy at my navy schoolhouse - 25 cents a cup, regardless of size.. until people started bringing in mugs that were bigger than the coffee pot.

sure they were within the rules but they ruined it for everyone else too. cos the people running the coffee mess said "fine you wanna play it that way... here's our new price list." and after that people with giant mugs had to pay more.

cos hey... they're allowed to change the prices if they want. don't like it, go get your own coffee pot.

Comment

Working...
                X