This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the looks on their faces...

So I'm near Deaf but don't wear aids. I'm told my voice sounds like I'm talking with a huge jawbreaker in my mouth. I'm good at speechreading so that's usually how I get by.

Went to the grocery store the other afternoon and got up to the checkout. The cashier asked me something and when I answered, she looked at me like I had three heads and said, "What was that again?" I repeated myself and just as I finished, I saw the bagboy say, "Try speaking English." I went off. "You should try being more patient. For your information, I'm deaf. I would love to see you try to talk when you can't hear yourself."

No patience for the smartasses. None.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

You should go talk to the HQ about them both, and also the managers. I am glad, that you said what you did, to them both
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Definately report the bag boy, he had no right to say that. Did the girl say anything insulting though?

Comment

I think (and would hope) that the way you put him in his place would make him think twice about using his smart mouth in the future.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

The girl didn't say anything as far as I know.

(shrug) Oh well.
          "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
          -FSTDT

Comment

That bagger's manners and attitude are appalling.

I give him the following "gift".
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X