This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAAAAAAAIIINS!

I went to the grocery store today and in the mile walk down there, half of the way I was surrounded by zombies. No kidding. There were pale, bloody faces everywhere. Some had apparently been undead longer than others as they ranged from modern business professionals to vikings. I saw Red Riding Hood with a construction worker and a nun followed by a man with a chainsaw. All zombies.

At first, I didn't realize what was going on. I knew I was walking behind some oddly dressed people who were moving rather slowly and were very hard to get around. I didn't have time to be annoyed, though, before a couple looked behind and I saw that they were no longer among the living. I didn't yet know the level of the invasion.

I managed to get around the few stragglers behind the rest of this small group and started to try to get around the leaders of the pack, one of which was drunkenly stumbling and singing: "I AM BEEEAAUUUTIFUL! IN EVERY WAY! WOOOORRDS CAAAN'T BRING ME DOOOOOOOOOWWWWN!" The one next to her turned around to ask the undead behind her "HEY! Where the hell are we going?!" - and found herself face to face with me. "Not you. Sorry!"

I got around and saw one herd after another going down the main street and side streets and in the widows of pubs. It wasn't until I was on my way home I saw a flyer for the zombie pub crawl today. I easily saw more than a hundred of them.

While waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street at one intersection, a lady came up beside me and said it was a creepy pub crawl. (At that moment, the nun followed by the chainsaw weilding maniac were crossing in the other direction on the far side of the street.) She found out what it was when she asked a guy if he had been hurt because he had blood all over his face.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Oops! Skipped a story. On the way home, I passed another group coming up the sidewalk in the opposite direction. They were chanting "BRRRAAAAAINS! BRAAAAAIIINS!" A lady at the front of the group was chanting and trying to keep track of where they were going so it was "BRAAAAAIIINS! :still in zombie voice: WHERE ARE WE?? <reads off building number> BRAAAINS!!"
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

none of these zombies could have been vegan or they would have been chanting "GRAAAAIIIINS!!"

Comment

I'd love to see that. I've never seen a zombie up-close.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This is happening around me soon. :3 Anyone in the New England area and into zombies should check it out.

http://runforyourlives.com/

They have a few others in other states as well happening over the course of the next few months. Check it out! My bf did it last year. My absolute horror of zombies is preventing him this year while he tries to desensitize me to them. So far to no avail. lol

Comment

I've accidentally run into a Zombie walk (zombie shamble?) before! It was in Portland, and it was hilarious. One of them was biting the photographer trying to take their pictures, I assume he was with the group in some way or something, since he didn't run away screaming.
            The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

I wish I could get some of the killjoys around here to try that
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth giggles View Post
                none of these zombies could have been vegan or they would have been chanting "GRAAAAIIIINS!!"
                And they certainly weren't dyslexic zombies, or they'd've been chanting "BRIIANNNNNSS!"
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                  I've accidentally run into a Zombie walk (zombie shamble?) before! It was in Portland, and it was hilarious. One of them was biting the photographer trying to take their pictures, I assume he was with the group in some way or something, since he didn't run away screaming.
                  Portland OR? When was this? I have no idea when that kind of thing is happening around here
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                    And they certainly weren't dyslexic zombies, or they'd've been chanting "BRIIANNNNNSS!"
                    The most annoying ones are the Beginning Origami Students screeching out "Craaannnnnnneeesssss."

And sounds like a hoot Cookie.

Quick plug for the CS Book Club - this month's selection is "Feed" by Mira Grant.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      The most annoying ones are the Beginning Origami Students screeching out "Craaannnnnnneeesssss."
                      Nah, it's the ones who build model cities so they can play with their "Trrrraaaaaaaiiinnnnnssss."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X