This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible night last night

Well, first (at 1:00 am) I had to call the cops--again--on the bar down the street. I guess the war is on again, Then, between 1:30 and 2:00, something was going on in our parking lot. It sounded like some kind of car trouble, very loud. The only way I can describe it is that it sounded like a giant was pulling zip ties. OK, that finally stopped and I tried to go to sleep. But one of my neighbors was apparently moving furniture (around 3 am!) and I was so fed up that I jumped out of bed and yelled. (Yes, sucky on my part). In the process I got a sharp chest pain. I was absolutely incensed, so I thought, "Oh, great, mini heart attack." I didn't have any other symptoms, and when I rationally consulted with my RN friend, I determined I'd strained a muscle. (I can feel it in my back when I move a certain way, and can tell it's related to my spine. I go through stuff like this frequently). So I got to sleep around 4:30. I hate Saturday nights sometimes.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Man that sucks. Telling you, should live here, so quiet sometimes you can hear a pin drop.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I want to live in the country.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        It is not all it is cracked up to be.

It take 20 minutes to get to the nearest store.
        People think the road in front of my house is a race track.
        The chicken farms stink.
        During the summer, the "silence" can be deafening (Actually, I kinda like that part ).
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I hate people who act like the middle of the night is a good time to go crazy...drag racing, revving up their engines, etc. On our old street we had this nutcase move in next door who would vacuum at 2:00 AM...which woke her kids up, but she didn't stop doing it. She didn't work, so it's not like she didn't have time during the day. Well, unless the parenting classes and court appearances got in the way, of course...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can hear people being loud outside now, and it's after 1:00. *sigh*

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

The chicken farms stink.
              During the summer, the "silence" can be deafening (Actually, I kinda like that part ).
              and depending on how country you are, you may find your services extremely limited.

At work I get customers who live in areas so rural they have to pick between dialup or satellite for their internet service. Some areas don't even have addresses - the people get their mail at the post office.

and don't forget emergency services.

back in my home state there was one really pretty country area where people had fancy homes. but when they catch on fire you better expect to lose the house completely. cos it WILL burn to the ground before the fire department can get to you.

Comment

please, dont go to the country if you want quiet. just had a neighbour move in last year, piss off every farmer in the area with noise complaints because our workday starts as early as 6am, and is now moving out. :/
                Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Quoth csquared View Post

The chicken farms stink.
                  Not to mention, decent employment is usually a good hour away. At least in my experience.

I left Winchester because all the neighbors were all up in my business all the time. Every move I made was somehow discovered by my mom or my grandparents. I got real tired of being "<parents'> daughter" or "that granddaughter of <my grandparents>" LOL

Now that I'm older, it's not so bad, times have changed and people aren't as nosy. Eventually I'll have to move back to help care for my mom and stepfather. I certainly don't see my brother doing it. But right now, my son needs better medical care than what I think he can get down there, and there aren't any decent jobs closer than Hillsboro or Mt Orab

Comment

Try staying in the Tampa area of Florida! We live next to the highway up here in washington, so while down there for a funeral, my mom had TROUBLE sleeping cause it was too quiet. In the morning she said "I have my silence, and don't want it!"

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
                      please, dont go to the country if you want quiet. just had a neighbour move in last year, piss off every farmer in the area with noise complaints because our workday starts as early as 6am, and is now moving out. :/
                      LOL I have had that neighbor for 20 years ...

Jackass buys a hunk of land between 2 dairy farms [our properties suck up about 80 acres between Jackass, and about 10 other neighbors, and a whole bunch of unimproved land belonging to a couple of dairy farmers. We are actually surrounded by a lot of trees.] He regularly complains about the trailers hauled around by tractors full of bovine by-product that go pottering up and down the street when it is time to distribute it to the fields needing the euphamisticaly called 'green fertilizer'.

He complained about the sheep we had, and when Rob was out to sea for 6 months, and I didn't mow the tiny [20x60] patch of what could sort of be called lawn in front of the house [mainly because we don't really have a single word for collection of miscellaneous weeds] so he sicced the local shire reeve on me. When Rob got back I had him fence i the front yard and ran my sheep in there to mow my lawn and he about shit a rectangular red building object over that ...

If you don't want to deal with farmers and working farms, go buy a house in a suburb, not in a farm zone.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I lived rural for several years in an apt building that used to be a reservation school. it was stuck between 2 diary farms and the local airport.

the airport really did not create too much noise as the runways were blocked by trees. the farm equipment did not bother me all that much esp after living on the approach/departure flight lines of O'Hare airport (during rainy weather the furniture used to move and vibrate). also better than living right next to a major RR line and slow moving trains.

nice and quite most of the time except when one of the neighbors got a big bonfire party going. most of the time you could hear owls and monring doves, hawks brids, frogs and small mamuals.

as for the spreading of "green fredilizer" that was the ONLY downside esp during the summer. heck even in town every now and the the smell overpowers anything else and I am like 7 miles away.

go a little rural not deep country.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X