This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sucky and I feel bad

I'm at the car dealer meeting w/ the adjustor. But the car rental girl (CRG) was here first, so we started on the paperwork. (The other driver was at fault, so her insurance is supposed to pay for my rental, since my car was going to take 3/4 days). When she told me that I was responsible for any damage, including an accident that wasn't my fault, I freaked out on her. What I was saying, that I could not afford extra insurance on it, much less fixing a $25,000 car, was not sucky, but I raised my voice. I was angry at the thought that this accident was not my fault, and if another occurred that wasn't my fault (they never are), I'd be responsible. I apologized, but I know I made her day suck, and it wasn't her fault the insurance company would not pay for insurance.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

wait... if you have are in an accident that is NOT your fault, you're responsible?? that would probably get my back up a little. I don't think you qualify as being "sucky", as you apologized to her.

On another note, I'm sorry about your accident - I hope noone was hurt!

Comment

Food Lady would be first party responsible for any damage. Rental Car Co. does not want to deal with any other parties. They only have a contract with Food Lady.

Food Lady would be responsible to collect from any other parties (responsible party, responsible party's insurance, her insurance, etc.).

Most decent insurance policies will cover a rental car. You will have to cover deductibles and limits. Check with your agent.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It depends on the state. Here, if it's not your fault, your insurance company pays and then collects from the other insurance company. You have to pay your deductible, but your insurance company is supposed to collect that from the other driver's insurance company, along with any other out of pocket expenses. Points against your license are based on fault.

Established insurance companies hate dealing with those companies that advertise that they insure anybody with low rates, because it's really hard for them to collect.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Food Lady, I think your reaction was normal...car wrecks are stressful things, and you're human! The girl seemed misinformed. Honestly, I think I'd have lost my cool a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X