This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater Ownage

So I went with a friend to see The Avengers tonight. Awesome movie.

As can be expected the theater had a line system set up to actually get into the auditorium showing the film. People were lining up quite early before the film.

On our way out from seeing the movie I overheard this gem from a lady wanting to get into the line waiting to get into the auditorium we just came out from.

SC - special lady
    TG - theater guy

Note I did not hear the whole conversation since I assume it started while I was still in watching the film. I wouldn't note this lady as an SC if her tone of voice didn't scream I'm annoyed/angry.

SC: So what's that line by the door then?

TG: The front of the line

SC: And that one? (pointing to a line that was set up in the hall way directly across from the auditorium I am coming out from)

TG: That is the back of the line for #8. (the auditorium we were in)

SC: So what should I do to get in that line? (pointing at the first one)

TG: Show up to the theater earlier!

SC: (huffily turns and shouts I assume to someone in the concessions line) We have to get in that line (pointing at the back of the second line)

I could see a few other patrons stifling laughter.

Nice. Way to go Theater Guy.

We went Sat afternoon and had no real issues getting in. The theater was mostly full, but I've been in worse, and there wasn't any line to get in. Later shows might have been busier, I don't know.

And I agree, awesome move!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

ya we showed up for the 10pm viewing. got there maybe at 930. but our theatre is small (2 screens only) so the concession stand is also the ticket stand. so it took almost 30 minutes to get through the line.

but on the bright side we have their special for popcorn so the giant-ass-bucket gets filled for 3.50. and it's 5 minutes away. and the movie was awesome.

Comment

Around here there are three major theaters, all operated by the same company, and they are all part of big shopping centers. There is also a drive in which is a little ways out of the way if you live anywhere that can be considered "in town." So the big theaters are usually packed for movies like this.

Comment

Working...
        X