Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when you ask someone to do their job.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you ask someone to do their job.

Got this tidbit from my gf yesterday:

I just had someone tell me that the thing I was asking them to is "a colossal pain-in-the-ass" and "bureacracy at its finest."

The think she was asking them to do? Write their (long-overdue) work study student evaluations. As happens every semester.

Translation: "I've left it waaaaay too late (probably not the first time) and now I don't feel like doing it at all so I'm going to make you the EEEBIL drone for reminding me to do what I'm supposed to."

Comment

yeah but as you said... it is their job.

Comment

And the reply to that is "And so is processing your payrole."
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My response to such a statement would have been, "Well, we can arrange for you not to have to worry about it after today. How long will it take for you to clean out your work space?"

And unfortunately, I have had to say such a thing on more than one occasion. So far, everyone got the message and did their respective work.
          Last edited by South Texan; 05-30-2012, 10:56 PM.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

not to mention... they punish students for turning in work late .. so why should they be exempt?

Comment

Working...
            X