Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually prepay $20 or so and use the lock on the nozzle. Meanwhile I lean against my car and watch the pump get to $20 alarmingly fast.
    Damn being broke all the time! And damn my old gas guzzler of a car!
    I've not had a problem with it stopping too soon. And I almost always go to the pump at the grocery store... My mom works at the grocery store and we get money off gas from using the store card.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      I hate it when they disable the locks. If the dummies can't watch their car, they can pay for their spillage, but don't make everyone else get cramps in their hands from having to squeeze $80 into their tanks.
      That's not so bad - at one place where they got rid of the latches (they eventually brought them back), I got cramps in my hands from having to squeeze $800 into my tanks.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Didja have to swipe your card more than once because the pump flipped out when you passed $400?

Comment

For a $800 fill I didn't have to swipe the card twice - but if it hit $950 (limit per transaction) I did. A different card (that this station didn't accept) had a $1000 limit PER DAY (reset at midnight Central time). A third card (accepted only at the station that accepted it) was more sensible - its daily limit was 1200 litres, so a price jump wouldn't put people into "can't do it in one shot" territory.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Me: I know the actual buildings aren't around, but last week you had a machine here called Blockbuster Express.
            Forgot to mention this... they're not entirely gone. I know the one closest to my old apartment in upstate NY is gone, but here where I am now, there's a full store a couple of miles away. actually it's probably the same distance to the kiosk as it is the the manned store... so I'll probably keep going to the store.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
              t don't make everyone else get cramps in their hands from having to squeeze $80 into their tanks.
              That's when you stick the gas cap inside the handle to keep it squeezed.

Comment

I like how our prepays start slowing down close to their prepay limit and then shut off.

Comment

Quoth Aethian
                  I like how our prepays start slowing down close to their prepay limit and then shut off.
                  Ours do that too.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    Didja have to swipe your card more than once because the pump flipped out when you passed $400?
                    Forget $400. We were filling up at a station about a year ago that had the pumps stop automatically at $75. When our Jeep's tank was near empty and required about $85 worth of gas to fill it up completely. The pump stopped when it hit the $75 mark, so Hubby swiped the card again. At which point the pump told him to see the attendant, because for some reason, it wouldn't take our card a second time. Hubby went to talk to the attendant, who said he had no clue how to get the pumps to take our card a second time, so we ended up leaving with a not-quite-full tank. Not much of a problem, except for the hassle with figuring out the MPG for that fill-up.

And around the same time, we had a few other times where we were almost on fumes when we had to fill up, and every other station we went to during the two months around the above incident either set their cut-off at $100 or higher (since it didn't cut us off at an even price) or had no issue with us swiping our card twice when we were cut off before the tank was full.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                    X