Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've never worked in retail have you?

Today was a grocery shopping day. I was on my way to the nearby produce market when I got sidetracked by a yard sale. Hey, big barely used George Foreman grill for $3!

While I was there, I overheard this conversation between two of the men who were from the families hosting the yardsale:

Guy 1: What are you doing?
    Guy 2: Folding these clothes.
    Guy 1: Why?
    Guy 2: You've got to keep doing this when you're selling clothes.
    Guy 1: :deer in the headlights stare:
    Guy 2: You've gotta make it neat and make it look nice so -- you've never worked in retail have you?

It was all I could do not to bust out laughing.

After I took my Foreman grill home and went to the produce market and back, I was almost home when I passed by a guy riding his bicycle on the sidewalk coming my way. He was wearing a bright pink shirt with writing on it and for some reason, I was particularly curious about what it said. It was faded, though, and difficult to read, but as he passed I finally made out "Take your top off". I wouldn't have given it a second thought had he not broke into a huge perverted grin at the very moment I got what his shirt said.

Other than that, the only things of note were the hipsters at the checkout at Trader Joe's greatly approving of my variety of non-dairy milk purchases and the adorable kid on the bus announcing to me that she had chocolate.

Bonus cute:

This happened the other day. While walking home, there were a couple of ladies standing talking near the sidewalk with their small children. I looked down and smiled at a baby girl that was looking up at me. As I walked away, she took off running after me! I had to stop to make it easier for mommy to catch up and get her little one.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

ooooo $3! nice price =)

I am on the hunt for a salton yoghurt maker myself. I figure there were so many given out in the 80s and 90s as christmas presents I should be able to find a used on for cheap *somewhere*!
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      ooooo $3! nice price =)

I am on the hunt for a salton yoghurt maker myself. I figure there were so many given out in the 80s and 90s as christmas presents I should be able to find a used on for cheap *somewhere*!
      Just out of curiosity (I think I have too much time on my hands today I did a quick search on Craigs List to see if there were any in this area - didn't find any of that brand.

However, if you check your local Craigs List, I have a suggestion. When I searched for "yoghurt" I got no results, but when I searched "yogurt" I got a couple of dozen ads at least. You aren't wrong, according to my spellcheck both spellings are correct, but seems in some areas, at least, everyone else seems to spell it without the 'h'.

Hope you find one, I know I've seen them at garage sales before.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        Just out of curiosity (I think I have too much time on my hands today I did a quick search on Craigs List to see if there were any in this area - didn't find any of that brand.

However, if you check your local Craigs List, I have a suggestion. When I searched for "yoghurt" I got no results, but when I searched "yogurt" I got a couple of dozen ads at least. You aren't wrong, according to my spellcheck both spellings are correct, but seems in some areas, at least, everyone else seems to spell it without the 'h'.

Hope you find one, I know I've seen them at garage sales before.
        It is fun doing the yard sales looking so I am not in a hurry =) I also check freecycle, I am not overfond of craigslist. Last time I went to get something off craigslist, I got there and was told that the agreed upon price, which was what was listed in the ad was in fact wrong and it was $35 not $10 for the box of assorted bell jars. If I wanted to pay that much, I would get brand new from a store ...
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Cookie View Post
          Bonus cute:

This happened the other day. While walking home, there were a couple of ladies standing talking near the sidewalk with their small children. I looked down and smiled at a baby girl that was looking up at me. As I walked away, she took off running after me! I had to stop to make it easier for mommy to catch up and get her little one.
          I had a similar thing happen last time I was food shopping. This little girl ran after me and said, "I love your hair, your hair is two colours!" XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

It is fun doing the yard sales looking so I am not in a hurry =) I also check freecycle, I am not overfond of craigslist. Last time I went to get something off craigslist, I got there and was told that the agreed upon price, which was what was listed in the ad was in fact wrong and it was $35 not $10 for the box of assorted bell jars. If I wanted to pay that much, I would get brand new from a store ...
            Give CL another chance. That person was slime, but most posters on CL are legit.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
              Give CL another chance. That person was slime, but most posters on CL are legit.
              yup, 4 out of 5 of my bikes have come from CL, most I've paid was $220 for a bike worth over $2000(no it wasn't stolen, just 24 years old, the value is in the components)
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Don't let one greedy seller spoil it, we have a great Craigs List around here, I've bought several things, and only once or twice gone to see something that wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I've sold a lot of stuff, been doing a continuous slow declutter the past couple of years, and have only had a few SCs, mostly have met some very nice people (I've sold more craft stuff than anything else, so I think that ups the odds on friendly nice people). I even advertised once trying to find a cake pan that my daughter wanted desperately to use for my granddaughter's birthday cake, and had a woman contact me to say she had one, but didn't want to sell it, but she'd loan it to me for my daughter (who lives in another state) to use.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                X