Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a bus, not the Bog of Eternal Stench!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a bus, not the Bog of Eternal Stench!!!

Ugh.

I have to run the store this week, open to close, since bossman has been called to a huge manager's conference. Result of this is I have to take an earlier bus than usual, to get to work. Good news, it's usually emptier than the one I generally take. Bad news, it's got so many more...colorful characters...

Case and point this morning:

I get on the bus, and an older man is sitting in one seat, legs splayed across the one next to it, back to the aisle. He's also thrown his arm over the seat backs, so he's essentially taking up 4 different seats in two rows.

I sit in the seats opposite him, and he looks up and smiles in greeting at me while picking his nose.

Um, ok. Ew. That's kind of gross, but whatever. I scoot to the wall, put in my earbuds, cue up the mp3 player and pull out my book. Ignore mode ON.

Oh, hell, didn't charge the mp3 player, no music for me! Oh well, I've got the noise of the bus engine, bus A/C and the standard road noises (going over bumps, etc), to help me tune out my surroundings for the most part.

That is, until I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. Old man has resumed facing the wall, but now he lifts ever so slightly...

and lets rip two loud, juicy NASTY bouts of buttgas that I managed to hear over ALL the aforementioned noises. Right in my direction.

Oh gods ew. Ew. EWWW!! THE SMELL!! THE STENCH!! It CLINGS!

I'm quietly gagging, and manage to put some hand lotion on, and cup my hand over my face and get some relief. That's just nasty. I know it's a bodily function, but did you have to AIM!??!?!

I'm complaining about this via messages to my boyfriend and in the process, he lifts and rips AGAIN. Once again, RIGHT in my direction. Seriously, dude, what the hell is your damage!?!?

I get up and change seats, but i swear, I can still smell it right now, and augh. It reeks. My eyes water. My nosehairs singe. My poor brain runs around shrieking like a banshee as it categorically REFUSES to process this assault on my olfactory sense.

So, that's how my morning has started, how's everyone else doing so far...?

Yay a Lupo thread!

*hands a gas mask over to her*
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Not just a gas mask, give her a full hazmat suit!
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I was on a bus once with a passenger who thought it was funny to let one rip in public. I told him the next time I heard so much as a mouse squeek out of his ass, I'd cork it. Apparently, it worked, as he got off at the next stop. Having a group of irratable-looking friends probably helped.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

ewwww, I can smell it from your description...lol.

Comment

why oh why oh why do people have to be so disgusting in public....yeah it's a bodily function that belongs in a bathroom not on a bus.

Geeeebus.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I get on the bus, and an older man is sitting in one seat, legs splayed across the one next to it, back to the aisle. He's also thrown his arm over the seat backs, so he's essentially taking up 4 different seats in two rows.
              Brother, have I got a comic strip for that situation! Too bad it's NSFW.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

LUPO SMELL BAD! *hands Lupo a cookie for the Labyrinth reference*
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                  No, Farty McStinkass smell bad!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                    Shouldn't I be the one giving YOU a cookie for getting the initial reference? No? Oh well!! *noms the cookie!!*

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    No, Farty McStinkass smell bad!
                    Heee, I nicknamed him Sir Galagas in my head.

This morning's bus ride was thankfully fart-free. Hooray for Friday! After today, just ONE more day of open-close and I'm DONE for the week. Woohoo!!!

Comment

did you get on the monty python LARP bus? was he speaking with a french accent?
                      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                        Shouldn't I be the one giving YOU a cookie for getting the initial reference? No? Oh well!! *noms the cookie!!*

Heee, I nicknamed him Sir Galagas in my head.

This morning's bus ride was thankfully fart-free. Hooray for Friday! After today, just ONE more day of open-close and I'm DONE for the week. Woohoo!!!
                        Well you made the reference, just be thankful you didnt encounter the Tightpants King...er..I mean Goblin King.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                          Well you made the reference, just be thankful you didnt encounter the Tightpants King...er..I mean Goblin King.
                          Lupo, he doesn't know you very well does he? encountering Jareth would NOT be a bad thing in my book.....

*sigh*
                          David Bowie - the ONLY man allowed to sparkle!
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                            Brother, have I got a comic strip for that situation! Too bad it's NSFW.
                            You can still post the link here since it is labeled NSFW. Hint, hint.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                              Lupo, he doesn't know you very well does he? encountering Jareth would NOT be a bad thing in my book.....

*sigh*
                              David Bowie - the ONLY man allowed to sparkle!
                              Exce,t I doubt Lupos lucck would run in quite that direction, she'd most likely encounter someone who is definately not suited to such tight pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X