This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CW got the cops called on her.

This happened yesterday morning. I got to hear about it from her just now.

SC comes to the desk to get his deposit. CW denies him the deposit because he had smoked in the room.

SC: I didn't know I was in a non-smoking room.
    CW: Yes you did. You signed for it.
    SC: Where?

CW shows him the signed registration card.

SC: Fine keep my money. (leaves)

He comes back a couple minutes later.

SC: Give me my money back
    CW: No.
    SC: You're robbing me blind. I'm going to call the cops on you.

SC calls the cops. Cops arrive to get the full story. Cops tell SC that he violated a contract so we are in the right.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

In RI, it's illegal to smoke in any hotel rooms. I don't know if it's a misdemeanor charge on the guest if they do so, but there was a chance if it happened here, the SC would have been at least fined by the city or state.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Proof that threatening to call the cops isn't always the "trump card" some people think it is.

Comment

Heehee, would have been the icing on the cake if the man had had a few warrants out too...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

And/or got fined for wasting the cops' time.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Cops must just LOVE these kinds of calls. Not only is it not an emergency of any kind ... there's not even an issue for them to deal with. Except that of an SC who figures that "I'm calling the cops!" ranks up there with "I'll sue!" to get companies and their representatives to cave in instantly to whatever sucky demand they're making.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              Heehee, would have been the icing on the cake if the man had had a few warrants out too...
              I used to do IT support for the Police here. I day I was visiting the CBD station and the police auxiliary behind the counter was very happy. The station was having a very good day. An idiot walked in to renew their gun license and had about 10 traffic warrants outstanding. This idiot had left the NT and came back thinking they were safe but instead got to see the inside of the cells. A foot patrol had spoken to a interstate person sitting outside a cafe in the mall. The interstater was having a meal with one of local persons of interest. Turns out the interstater was the 2nd most wanted person in the country and was arrested with little hassle.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                And/or got fined for wasting the cops' time.
                POD. i'm surprised the cops don't take the clown downtown and have a long chat about wasting their time on frivilous crap like this.

Comment

Working...
                X