This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail at Overpriced Coffee Chain

My phone was doing funky things, so to the store I went. They told me it'd be 15-20 minutes and I just happened to have my tablet with me, so I thought I'd go take advantage of the WiFi at the Overpriced Coffee Chain (OCC) next door. The fail was on the part of the corporation, not the local chain.

I felt obligated to buy something, even though (1) I'm on strict diet restrictions (no cream) and (2) I'm allergic to caffeine. So the only thing I could really buy is the juice they have stocked in the cooler.

I was enjoying the juice and started playing Draw Something when I realized that the expiration date on the juice was 3 days passed.

I went back in, got in line, and discretely pointed out the date on the bottle. The barista and manager were both very apologetic. They refunded my money and offered to get me something else on the house, which was very kind of them. The manager also said that the shipment with those juices came in yesterday.

So, fail on OOC for not looking at the dates before sending things out, but kudos to the local chain for handing it so well.

what about certain teas? if its the overpriced coffee chain with mermaid logo, the red passion tea has no caffeine and is affordable :]

And good on them for being cool about the expiration mishap

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
      if its the overpriced coffee chain with mermaid logo,
      You mean the one named after a Viper pilot on Battlestar Galactica?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Actually, it's a siren on the logo. Just sayin'.

Reminds me of when we got a coffee shipment in that just smelled bad (and according to CW, tasted worse). Fortunately, we managed to catch it before putting out any coffee for guests. Our supplier sent us fresh coffee and gave us a partial refund after we were finally able to convince them that when we meant bad, we meant the coffee was disgusting.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

There are overpriced coffee chains out there?

They were probably more than thrilled to accommodate you since you didn't make a huge drama over it.

Also, they have a steamed milk drink that I usually get with a hazelnut flavour shot when I want something warm but nothing with caffeine.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Oops. I herpaderped.

But I do love how vague we are getting to describe it

Comment

I have a sudden urge to check all our juices now...
              Flood

Comment

sounds like the same place Lupo and I love getting Pumpkin-Soy-Chai from in the autumn (iced or steamed, depending the TX weather)
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Reminds me of when we got a coffee shipment in that just smelled bad (and according to CW, tasted worse). Fortunately, we managed to catch it before putting out any coffee for guests. Our supplier sent us fresh coffee and gave us a partial refund after we were finally able to convince them that when we meant bad, we meant the coffee was disgusting.
                  I remember that story. I couldn't believe your coworker drank it.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Properly a Melusine ... if memory serves she was a demon married to a human king? At any rate her husband could not see her at specific times, he tried to sneak a peak and she ran off. Sirens properly have single tails unless you are Polish.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                      sounds like the same place Lupo and I love getting Pumpkin-Soy-Chai from in the autumn (iced or steamed, depending the TX weather)
                      So much

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!!!

But until then, I'm still perfecting a pumpkin spice chai of my OWN, using the concentrate I made that I brought for you to try. Yes, once it's perfected, we JUST might take a road trip.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        Properly a Melusine ... if memory serves she was a demon married to a human king? At any rate her husband could not see her at specific times, he tried to sneak a peak and she ran off. Sirens properly have single tails unless you are Polish.
                        According to the horse's own mouth, it's a twin-tailed Siren from a Norse carving, which is kinda close to Poland I guess?: http://www.starbucks.com/blog/so-who-is-the-siren
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

So, I just noticed something when balancing my checkbook today. Something I didn't say because it didn't pertain to the story was that the employee had grabbed all the juices that were in the cooler before calling over the manager. The manager refunded the price of 3 juices, not just the one I bought. Back to the store I go

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                            So much

Yes, once it's perfected, we JUST might take a road trip.

I would happily host you again! perhaps this time with a bit longer of a stay, so that you can actually ENJOY being here, as opposed to being slightly rushed....

i'm just sayin'...

I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Glad they handled things well for you TexasT, and while I realize it's a grey area ethical point, I applaud your feeling of obligation to be a customer before using SB's wifi.

bhskittykatt - What in heaven's name happened to coffee? Must of been something pretty aggressive - coffee is pretty inert.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                              But I do love how vague we are getting to describe it
                              Been meaning to ask around about this - did I miss something in Site News? As long as nothing libelous is being said, and no one's anonymity is in danger, why are so many posts being obscure about locations?

Comment

Working...
                              X