This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why kids think heelies are ok

So I was walking around in the mall, and my husband suddenly mutters something about "stupid Heelies." I was like, "What, those kids back there?"

All of a sudden two kids zip on by, but we hear a parent calling to them, so we turn around, and what do we see?

THE DAD WAS WEARING HEELIES TOO!
    I didn't know they made them that big. I don't believe he was letting his kids zip around the mall like that, and encouraging it!

Ugh, they're dangerous! Especially when you have old people crawling around the store like we do. Those little kids zip around and with every little kick of their heels, I think, 'lawsuit, lawsuit.'

Ugh...kids with heelies? Annoying. Adults with heelies? No words to describe.
    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
    -FSTDT

Comment

Don't know if anyone here has seen Employee of the Month (I wouldn't recommend it, BTW!) but Dane Cook's character wears adult heelies throughout the film. Ticked me off.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I hate those ugly skate shoes. They should have never been invented
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

There's a nice red notice at the front of the supermarket now, telling people to either remove the wheels from their kid's heelys, or remove the kid. This is cuz a heelybrat knocked over a staff member.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would probably wear them, but A) I'm fully aware I have a good shot at knocking my teeth all out of my head, and B) I wouldn't use the wheel part inside. As much as I like to roll around, I also know I'm spectacularly bad at the "stop" part of it.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Last time I checked, there are still skate parks and roller skating rinks around, not to mention some basements that aren't carpeted?

The inventor of Heelies should be smacked with a very, very large smelly rotten salmon.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

there ya go

I was at the park yesterday and a little girl came rolling down the road. Now, this is a road inside the park but cars drive on it too. I was walking and stepped to the side cuz I didn't trust her to move out of the way.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  There's a nice red notice at the front of the supermarket now, telling people to either remove the wheels from their kid's heelys, or remove the kid. This is cuz a heelybrat knocked over a staff member.
                  Wow. Good for your store management!!!!!!! Usually they only reserve that for if a CUSTOMER got knocked over.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

well, maybe he had small feet My ex-husband is just below what's considered "men's" sizes. He wears a size 6. I've always bought his shoes in the kids' section.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

How come it's taking so long for stores to actively ban them, even when things like rollerblades and skateboards are already banned in malls and stores? Are they just too inconspicuous?

Comment

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
                        How come it's taking so long for stores to actively ban them, even when things like rollerblades and skateboards are already banned in malls and stores? Are they just too inconspicuous?
                        I'm wondering the same thing. But what really confuses me is that most of these people wouldn't even think of riding skates or a skateboard. Why are these things OK then?

Last time I was at the beach, I saw these kids riding them down the ramp in the Boardwalk Mall. Fortunately, a security guard yelled at them for it.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Witch of Endor View Post
                          When the wheels are not down, they look like just a normal pair of sneakers. And even when the wheels are down, they are tough to see.

I suspect stores haven't banned them yet because they haven't yet had a big accident where some kid crashed into somebody and seriously hurt them, or detroyed a lot of merchandise, and managers haven't been complaining about them. Until that happens, corporate won't take any action for fear of appearing to be "customer unfriendly"
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Just wait until an elementary school field trip to a museum goes wrong and T-Rex comes tumbling down into a million pieces.

Wait, are heelies forbodden at museums yet?
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The kind of rolling shoes that were populer in the late-90's had little buttons on the side that you could press (if you had a steel thumb...those things were a PITA to press) and pop the wheels out, so they were multi-functional - regular shoes or skates.

With the heelies now, the wheels are always out. So to avoid skating around all the time or slipping, you have to walk on your tiptoes. And over time, that can't be good for your feet.
                              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                              -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
                              X