This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas87 View Post
    Just wait until an elementary school field trip to a museum goes wrong and T-Rex comes tumbling down into a million pieces.

Wait, are heelies forbodden at museums yet?
    I know here they are banned from the schools. If the kid is caught wearing them they get suspended and the parents get a fine. Most stores also say no to them being used in the store.

I thought about buying them for my son but he would kill himself in a few minutes. He is still unsafe on regular skates.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      well, maybe he had small feet My ex-husband is just below what's considered "men's" sizes. He wears a size 6. I've always bought his shoes in the kids' section.
      Lucky guy can still get those light-up shoes.....

What? I'm a kid at heart. >.>

Also, tomorrow I talk to the store manager to see if we can ban heelies unless the wheels are taken out.
      Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Miss Mayberry View Post
        With the heelies now, the wheels are always out. So to avoid skating around all the time or slipping, you have to walk on your tiptoes. And over time, that can't be good for your feet.
        The way you skate with them can't possibly be good for your legs either...
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
          Don't know if anyone here has seen Employee of the Month (I wouldn't recommend it, BTW!) but Dane Cook's character wears adult heelies throughout the film. Ticked me off.
          I am pretty sure that was the point...since retail workers hate Heelies, and Dane's character was a retail-hating slacker. But thats just my interpertation.

And for what its worth, I liked the movie. Even though it did not truly capture the retail workers experience, kind of like "Waiting" really IMO did not capture the foodservice experience I had, it still had some funny parts.
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Wow. Good for your store management!!!!!!! Usually they only reserve that for if a CUSTOMER got knocked over.
            I found out yesterday, twas one of the duty managers. XD So that's why.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I can totally understand why kids love them.......what I fail to understand is why ANY parent thinks Heelies are an appropriate form of "footwear" when going shopping.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X