This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No! We want it to stay there!

I'm putting this in sightings, because I've heard it second hand from my lil' bro.

My brother works at a second run movie theatre. They charge about a dollar for a movie, and so the prints are crappy, the theatres are a little dingy, etc. But it's a great idea for a college town, in a culture that doesn't go drinking.

One day, a woman comes up to them, utterly irate.

SC: I flushed my keys down the toilet!
    Lil' Bro: I'm really sorry.
    SC: How am I supposed to get them back?
    Lil' Bro: Well, they're probably gone for good.
    SC: But don't you have a screen or something to catch what goes down?
    Lil' Bro: N-no! Of course not! We want it to stay down!

SC storms off.

Yes, please...thank you. The rest of the world would like the flushed items to remain flushed as well. Ewwwww.

Comment

I'm just intrigued as to how you could actually flush your keys down the toilet.

I mean first, to drop them in.

Then, to not notice you dropped them in, in spite of the splash.

And finally to actually manage to flush em and get em to go down.

I mean, just, wow.

And yes, we'd like the stuff we flush to stay down, please!
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth nekoro View Post
        We want it to stay down!

Haha, this is the first time I have broken Rule #1. Nice job on your bro's part!
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I've known people who've (and had customers admit to having) dropped their cells in the toilet, then put them in the oven on a low heat to dry them out, and have them continue working with no side effects.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth nekoro View Post
            SC: But don't you have a screen or something to catch what goes down?
            Lil' Bro: N-no! Of course not! We want it to stay down!

Well, no we don't right now, but we'll consider it if YOU'LL be the one cleaning it out all day.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X