This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creeper

So there's this old man at work (a security guard) who is nice but extremely weird...

This is what I got today:

SG: Security guard

SG: You sure look like you're still loosing weight.

Me:Thanks....

(I had high hopes he'd just walk away but nope, he didn't...)

SG: I know its hard to tell in uniform but out of uniform you look even skinnier.

The part that creeps me out is, he's NEVER seen me out of uniform...

Sure its nice to get noticed (just say it once and move on) but he comments on this EVERY DAY. I told my supervisor and she suggested I write a statement but I know if I do he will find out and well this place is well known for retailiation and I have to see this guy, everyday. It's getting quite embarassing.

At first I took it as he was just being nice but to comment EVERYDAY about it. The dude is like 40 years my senior. Even if he wasn't I don't think its appropriate work talk. I don't like people commenting on my body (I am extremely self conscious) even if it's a "nice" comment.

Am I over reacting? I don't want to cause him trouble if I am just being a baby.

If he's doing it every day, then yeah, it's inappropriate. A comment here or there if you encounter him on a regular basis is fine. The "out of uniform" thing is really odd because if he had happened to see you out and about, it means he noticed you there but didn't take the time to just say 'hi' and instead just made a note about your slenderness for next time.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
    X