This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snob litmus test

Just thinking about one of my former coworkers and a conversation that took place while at work.

C-Snob: I'm not a snob! Am I a snob?
    Me: C-Snob, so how many times did you pay people to clean your barracks room for you again?
    C-Snob: How many different people, or how many times I had someone do it?
    Coworker: The fact you have to ASK that pretty much answers the question.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I think you mean "slob". ;-)

Comment

Reminds me of basic training and tech school. Some of us were better at ironing uniforms, sewing hems, others at shining boots, so we'd either trade or pay someone to do it for us. I did uniforms for X number of booth shinings. Some people just had that special touch.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I think you mean "slob". ;-)
        Well... no, C-Snob wasn't unkept, he was just lazy and wanted to get others to do his work for him.
        and he liked bragging about what he had

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
          Reminds me of basic training and tech school. Some of us were better at ironing uniforms, sewing hems, others at shining boots, so we'd either trade or pay someone to do it for us. I did uniforms for X number of booth shinings. Some people just had that special touch.
          I'd gladly do mending work for the whole barracks if they'd take care of my ironing and boot-shining. I hote both those chores with a passion (can do them, just hate them), but sewing is quite soothing.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X