Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mardi Gras in Vancouver! (rather long)

Ah Mardi Gras Wednesday. Unlike the one in New Orleans, this one happens once a month. I am pretty sure that any Vancouverites on this site know what I mean. I am talking about Welfare Wednesday. I work next to a McDonalds and across the street from a Tim Hortons.

Me: Awesome Game Store manager who dont take no shit.
    SC: If you need to ask then you dont deserve to be here.
    McDW: Completely overworked McDicks worker.
    McDM: Manager at said McDicks.
    (Keep in mind that all the workers at this particular location are Asian, this is important later)

I go into the McDonalds to satisfy my salty goodness cravings and watch the excitement unfold. This particular McDicks is always good for quality entertainment and tonight was no different.

SC: *to cashier* I would like an empty cup with my meal please
    McDW: *Hands SC plastic water cup, very small*
    SC: *Cat Butt Face but goes to fountain machine to get drink*
    McDW: *As soon as he hears the fountain machine making noises shuts it off*
    SC: Why cant I get some pop!!! RAH RAH RAH!
    Me: Because you didnt pay for it.
    SC: F*ck Off man *then leaves*

Maybe 1 hr later while I am sitting at the computer playing WoW, it is now after hours so the gate between the mall and the McDicks is now closed (they do have an outside door so there are customers there). I hear shouting at the McDicks and walk into the mall hallway to watch the fun.

SC: (Different from the above one) I am suing McDicks, you guys got my order wrong.
    McDW: *hides behind counter and asks for a manager to help this guy*
    McDM: Sir, please calm down, what is the problem?
    SC: You guys should go back to your own country. You got my order wrong! I know corporate in Ontario, I will have your job.
    McDM: *not about to put up with this shit so calls the cops who come shortly thereafter*

1 Hr later:

I decide to go to Timmy's across the street to satisfy my craving for sweet chocolatey goodness in the form of boston cream donuts (or if they are out, Canadian Maple or Jelly filled donuts). I get to the counter and notice a horrible thing, they are out of ALL my favorite donuts!!!
    As I am standing in line, this crazy guy (not sure if he is on drugs, Drunk, both, or something else) comes to the counter, butts in line, and demands that they make him another Iced Capp because they got his wrong. Counter guy proceeds to make him a new one and hands it to him. In true SC fashion, SC picks up the drink by the dome lid, the lid pops off, the drink spills all over the counter spectacularly. SC flips his lid and demands a new drink, they make him one and the SC goes off to the corner to ingest the drink. Me, I am standing in line just steaming. 1. They dont have my donut. 2. now the SC is getting between me and a hot cup of White Hot Chocolate. Finally I get to the counter and order my food, it takes the cashier 5 minutes to try and understand my order even though I am very clear with what I want (I dont think she speaks very good English) so has to get the manager to ring me through. Finally I get back to my game after half an hour of BS.

Ya, I might have been a bit SCish but gaaah my night.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I googled Welfare Wednesday, and found a Vancouver cop blog. Fascinating!

Comment

Think you've got it bad?
      I work at a liquor store in a less than nice area a bit south of Vancouver.
      We actually have Welfare Wednesday written on our schedule and we make sure that the shifts are made of mostly senior staff members. It's the only way to get through it.

Though it is funny to see the regular Colt 45 and 75 Sherry customers suddenly splurging on Budweiser and acting like their poo don't stink.

Comment

Working...
      X