Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe people keep grabbing you. WTF. Good for you for the self-defense thing! Just wow... And I thought I attracted the crazies... Yikes. I hope things work out for you And no more crazy grabbers!

Comment

Is it wrong that I actually cheered when you punched that git?
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Holy crow! What the ever-loving frak is wrong with this woman? I'm having touble fathoming the depths of her insanity.

Good on you for defending yourself like that!

Quoth Tolly View Post
        @ Jay 2K - I'm the opposite. I've upped my personal goal to 70,000 words this year because the last couple years I got to 50,000 just after halfway through the month. Not as bad as one girl in my writer's group, though, she did 150,000 last year! O_o
        NAAAAANOOOOOOO!

After bombing a few years in a row, I hit 50,000 last year with only a few days to spare, so I'll be happy just to hit that, again. I'm impressed that you're upping the count for yourself -- rock that pen (...keyboard), yo!

And 150,000? I can't even imagine, haha. That's incredible!

Comment

I have been doing NaNo for years, and have yet to even come close to finishing.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I have been doing NaNo for years, and have yet to even come close to finishing.

^-.-^
            Oh, I finished my story from last year's Nano.... three months ago. And still short of 50,000. But, the story was finished, and that's what matters.

The plan this year is to write the sequel to last year's, and I'm helped somewhat by the fact that I have some elements in place already, I just need to arrange them into a coherent narrative.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I have yet to finish a NaNo myself. Made it to about 10k two years ago, and 25k or so last year.

And this year I'm working like crazy so I don't think I'll get the chance to try.

Comment

Owie on your hand. May I ask..where in the leg did you hit her? And don't write/type. Look into getting the software Dragon Speech Recognition. You talk to it, it records/types it. You can do the formatting somewhat with it, but, save your wrist.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

If you actually need to use a mouse, google "Vertical mouse". eBay has a lot of em but I've gotten a cheaper knockoff for much less. To be honest, after using it extensively it lasted a few months. Still, it might be a good alternative if you need to free your wrist from a lot of movement and prefer to use your shoulder muscle or elbow muscles instead.

Comment

I just hope you didn't hurt your other hand giving that nut the clubbing she deserved, especially if you're attempting Nano. I'm making my first go this year myself, and if I lost a hand, I would have NO chance of accomplishing that task.

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                      ...Turns out this woman is a complete nutball with a record... Oh well, at least I'm in the witness box and know the judge quite well now! (Three jury duties in less than a year and cause I'm unemployed...)
                      Scary stuff! I hope they lock her away, jail cell or padded cell, I don't care. Just get her off the streets and away from society for a good long time!
                      Quoth Tolly View Post
                      ...If my wrist is fucked by this you bet your ass I'ma sue for medical costs and sue HARD.
                      Absolutely. She had no right whatsoever to assault you, and you had every right to defend yourself. Speaking from experience, wrist injuries hurt like hell and make ordinary life very difficult; if some idiot had grabbed and pulled my injured wrist, I likely would've reacted the same way you did. I hope this gets resolved in your favor.
                      Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      High five!
                      With the uninjured hand, of course...
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Luckily the injured hand is my left, and I'm a rightie...

Just got back from the doctor. She reckons it's just a pulled tendon, no muscle damage, so I'm taking Panadol and about to strap it up for 48 hours of rest. Wheeeee.
                        "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
                        "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
                        ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Quoth Tolly View Post
                          This woman has Subscriptions, she is well beyond issues at this point.
                          Gold.

Hope things turn out for you on every front.

Comment

Dear god that woman is nuts. Mad props for defending yourself though. And when (not if) she sues the store, they have footage of her instigating the assault on someone who was clearly not dressed as an employee.

Also, WOOT fellow Nano'ers. Last year was my first one. I had some vague ideas, but somehow managed to reach the goal. Editing is still ongoing. This year, I have less ideas and less hope of pulling it off, but Imma try anyway. (Also feel free to PM me if you wanna be writing buddies)
                            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Please keep us updated... this is fascinating, if not disturbing.

Comment

You guys will not believe this.

Her lawyer called me. At ten at night. To ask if I'm willing to drop the charges. Didn't even put an offer on the table.

Guess which four-letter word starting with f I used to tell him no?

Until the bitch pays for my medical bills and the physio I'm gonna have to visit for two weeks, AND agrees to a restraining order, she can just fuck right off.
                                "Everyone walk behind me, your new glorious leader!"
                                "Watch the ego, hon, you're scaring the paladin again."
                                ~ Sand and Olivia, NWN2 Fanfiction Stupidity

Comment

Working...
                                X