This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron Wagon

24 hours later and I am still shaking with rage about this.

I hate getting the bus. It goes through some pretty rough areas and it has left me convinced that I am the only sane person that gets it anymore.

I am sat quite happily on the bus reading a book and listening to music. I’m in a world of my own. Suddenly, my headphones are yanked out my ears and someone has grabbed my arm. I look up and see a man, probably in his mid-sixties trying to drag me off my seat.

M: I want to sit down!
    Me: Do you want to get the fuck off me??
    M: You would think that a young man would be willing to give up his seat for an elder, but NO. Now get up and give me that chair!

I actually shoved him. I looked him dead in the eye.

Me: Touch me again. I dare you.

He backed away and went to stand near the front of the bus. I am certain he was having a rant about me to the driver.

Ten minutes later and it’s my stop.

M: You work in that pub right? Well wait till I tell your boss what you did!
    Me: Go fuck yourself.

I also gave him the finger as I walked away.

I was so freaking angry and I still am. I kind of wish I had called the police, because he had one tight grip and it hurt!

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

M: You work in that pub right? Well wait till I tell your boss what you did!
    Me: Go fuck yourself.
    Talk to your boss yourself and see if you can get him banned. That will probably hurt him more than a talk with the police .

Damn, your customers are crazy.

Comment

I HATE when people complain to people's bosses about what they did off the clock. I know how utterly ridiculous it is, so I'd tell him my boss' name even, just to see him make a complete fool of himself. "Here's her name and mine. Yep, that's two N's. Go in at 3:00; she'll be there." The jerk would either take me up on it or give up, thinking I'm crazy for not being scared of his threat. I've done it before.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Damn, your customers are crazy even when they're not your customers.... I hope your arm is alright. Maybe you need to develop some knee jerk reaction when you actually take a knee to the jerks who touch you without asking.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I HATE when people complain to people's bosses about what they did off the clock. I know how utterly ridiculous it is, so I'd tell him my boss' name even, just to see him make a complete fool of himself. "Here's her name and mine. Yep, that's two N's. Go in at 3:00; she'll be there." The jerk would either take me up on it or give up, thinking I'm crazy for not being scared of his threat. I've done it before.
          I hate that with a passion myself. The only thing I hate more is when they actually follow through with it. I've seen a couple of PFB & M3C letters like that.

One was from a woman who had a FaceBook fight with another woman, and then turned around and tried to contact the woman's employer to get her fired or forced into counseling. Pretty much she wanted the woman beat down and humiliated for arguing with her on FB.

Another was a woman who went to a hotel and recognized some airline employees having a party. Yep... a complaint to the airline about the behavior of the staff on their free time.

It's as if they see someone, recognize them as an employee, and can't figure out that ... they're NOT personal servants when they're not at work.

Last edited by PepperElf; 10-30-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hoo boy, does that drudge up an unpleasant memory, ironically enough also involving a pub.

Back when I was but a poor student working his way through college, I pissed off one of the regulars at my job because I worked an opening shift (meaning I got to leave before closing) and had the nerve to go and grab a drink with friends after clocking out, while the store experienced a sudden late evening rush. This guy actually came in after his shopping, spotted me and proceeded to tell me I'd be getting a very strongly worded complaint because I dared to not go back to the store and help reduce the amount of time he had to wait in line for his purchases. All protests that I was off the clock and had received no word from my colleagues that they needed additional help (thus meaning I had no idea what was happening) were deemed irrelevant. I was a worker not at work, and thus I must be reprimanded in this guy's mind.
            Last edited by Limescale; 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I bet if he had asked you nicely and politely you would have obliged. Instead due to his rudeness and physical yanking he had to stand. He's lucky he didn't grab someone who had a quick trigger and some mace. He'd be in a whole new world of pain.
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                I bet if he had asked you nicely and politely you would have obliged. Instead due to his rudeness and physical yanking he had to stand. He's lucky he didn't grab someone who had a quick trigger and some mace. He'd be in a whole new world of pain.
                I wouldn't need the mace. If I were the one seated, and he grabbed me, the jimmies are right there in reach.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Back when I worked at the resort, my co-workers and I would often hit up a local bar to unwind. There was one booze hound there who took a liking to me, he would hit on me often and aggressively.

I finally got fed up and told him to leave me alone and that I was not interested. He actually called my work to complain about me being rude to him. He said that since I represented the resort then I needed to be nicer to the locals.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                  X