Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parent blames us for something that was her kid's fault.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent blames us for something that was her kid's fault.

So I came into the school office today to hear a woman screaming bloody murder. I look into our Parent Center (A room where we do parent to child drop offs) and I see the woman yelling at the school secretary. The woman looked pissed and was piling a bunch of soaking wet papers into a box.

I didn't ask too much 1) As a student, the school staff isn't allowed to directly tell me about things when stuff like this happens. 2) The woman scared the crap out of me. When I looked into the Parent Center she gave me the most evil glare I think I have ever seen on a human being. Good god if looks could kill, jeez!

I did hear this however:

Pissed-off Mom: "Look I don't see why you can't take better care of his things. His papers are ruined!"

Secretary: "Sorry Ma'am, but we have no responsibility over what happens to the items dropped off here. (Very true, your kid should have remembered them in the first place). Especially so if you didn't even sign the backpack in. (Standard procedure. Parent signs their name, date, what time they came in, and who's picking it up. The woman just walked in, put the backpack down and left from what I gathered. Idiot. And you get mad at us?)

POM: "Well I'll just take his stuff, his teachers are going to have to be happy with just him today."

I later overhead the secretary ranting about the woman. Her kid actually left an open water bottle in his backpack. Alright... Dumbass mom = Dumbass son. Good to know.

And she blamed us on everything. A day in the life I guess.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Oh boy. What a wonderful example of over-protective parenting.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Let's hope he learns to put lids on bottles before he joins the workforce. He won't have HoverMom to try and save his ass.

Comment

Hover Mom hahahahahaha!!!

Yea I hate it when that crap happens. It's like they want you to babysit their child AFTER they get out of school lol.... What??? You want someone to wipe their ass too?
        NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
          Hover Mom hahahahahaha!!!

Yea I hate it when that crap happens. It's like they want you to babysit their child AFTER they get out of school lol.... What??? You want someone to wipe their ass too?

Sadly, this was during school. I have this office aide job as my first period class, so I start my day off with these idiots. What I can imagine what happened was this in a time line:

1. Kid forgot his backpack
          2. Mom drives up to the school and drops it off without going through procedure (I was pissed about this one, seeing as how the drop off process is my responsibility, in the end, I have to fix things)
          3. Kid comes to claim the backpack and discovers it's soaking wet. Then calls his mom to tell her.
          4. Mom comes back up, and then you know the rest.

This is the only way I can think of that the mom would be picking something up from the parent center. It goes from parent to child, never opposite.

Dear christ my mom would never wait on be beck and call like this woman does with her son. Makes me wonder what she'll do if he gets in a serious relationship... I feel sorry for any future girlfriends he might have.

Comment

Omg I. Old go into detail about the call but it would get pretty vulgar hahah! Ya my mom was the same way. If I forgot something then oh well.. I did without. (except lunch coz a kids gotta eat)

Comment

Yeah, I can understand lunch and perhaps a huge project that would be a pain to carry around, especially so if the student rides the bus. That's usually when my mom would drive me to school as a little kid, when I had a huge project that was too bulky to carry on a school bus.

Comment

Clear case of NMLA Syndrome - Not My Little Angel.

Comment

Well "Little Angel" learns to get his shit together and take responsibility for his own actions. HIS fault he didn't make sure that the water bottle was closed...

Comment

Working...
                  X