X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer wanted to pay $1.50 for all day parking at parking garage

This incident happened last Thursday.

The minimum parking rate at the garage I worked at is $3.00. The maximum rate is $12.00

I was working at a parking garage that my current manager is over. The porter for that garage was sweeping up leaves & other stuff on the first level, where the booth that I sit in is located. A female customer walks up to the porter, & I hear her ask him "who is the manager who works here?" Since there were no customers for me to take care of, I walked up to the customer to help her. Both the porter & I went to the main office, which is on the first level, but our manager was not in the office. We also let her know our manager's name. So she told both of us "Well... I need to leave now, but I know who *manager* is. I will catch up with him later."

Neither one of us knew if she was a contract parker or a paying customer, but she did not exit the garage on my shift.

One of the employees who works at another garage that our manager is over covered for the 2nd shift. After training him, I went to fill out the deposit slip as well as to drop the money that was made on my shift into the safe. I walk back to the booth to log out using tele time.

There was a black car waiting at the booth. The employee in the booth had an IOU in his hand. When I picked up the phone to log out, the lady inside the car said "Where is that guy I was talking to earlier today about your manager?" When I looked at her, she said "You were the one helping me. You are my witness. Both of you knew I wanted to leave early so I did not have to pay the $3.00 fee. I wanted to pay $1.50 instead. But this guy tells me that my parking fee is $10.50. But you knew I wanted to leave early, & so I should only have to pay $1.50. I am not paying $10.50." She even told the guy that the sign in front of the garage entrance states that minimum parking rate for the garage is $1.50.

The guy working inside the booth looked at me. At that point I said "You have to call *manager name* about this."

The customer was not happy that he had to call *manager name*.

Turns out the customer spoke to *manager name*. She told him the following.
    • That I and the porter are her witnesses to the fact that he was not in the office & that she wanted to leave early
    • That she only wanted to pay $1.50
    • She was not paying $10.50

Our manager told her that she had to pay for her parking.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM.

I never pay for parking. Oh wait, I don't have a car.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Should've said, "Tell you what, I'll let you pay $1.50, for a fee of $9.00."
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
      X