This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's changing room on men's side

Ok this happened sometime ago, when I was around 13 or so....I was in a huge dept store that sold men's and women's clothing, and I found myself a nice sweater I wanted to try. So I look around for a changing room, and spot one. But it's in the men's side of the store. But there's a sign clearly marked 'women'. I'm a female btw if you haven't guessed sooo anyway I think 'well it says women' so I go and use it. My moms around, and she meets me in a bit. So I finish and go outside with her-- fully dressed of course-- when all the sudden this middle aged man comes barging out of the men's side and has an angry convo with some clerk, who then approaches us.

Clerk: that man said that she * points to me* came out of there?
    Mom: yes? What's the problem?
    Clerk: this is the men's side of the store, ma'am.
    Me: but that sign says women! * points to sign saying ' women's changing room'*
    Clerk: yes but this is the men's side...
    Man: *angrily behind clerk* she's not supposed to be there! She can't go in there! I won't have it!
    Me: but it says women!
    Clerk: um......but it's the men's side.
    Mom: come on, we're leaving!

We left with the man glaring at us and grunting and swearing under his breath. Well he's got issues but why did the store back him up? Why did they put a women's changing room if women's aren't supposed to use it. It makes no sense.
    To this day I think maybe the man was a closet pedo and was so horrified at himself for doing so that he chose to blame me for the temptation. The changing rooms were those good kinds that cover all the way to the bottom, so no chance of peeping. Otherwise I wouldn't have used them.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

They were crazy. Why did they put a sign up saying "women" if they didn't intend women to use it? Crazy, no other explanation.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Are you kidding me? I would've asked a manager about that. What idiocracy.
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I wonder if there was a remodel sometime ago and the changing rooms weren't moved.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
          Are you kidding me? I would've asked a manager about that. What idiocracy.
          Ditto. Somebody needed to explain what the sign reading "Women" was doing there if it wasn't a women's changing room.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            I wonder if there was a remodel sometime ago and the changing rooms weren't moved.
            That, or the employee had no spine.
            Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

i agree if they're going to put up a "women" sign and then yell at you for using it then they clearly don't want - or even deserve - your money

Comment

Working...
              X