This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some People Are Never Happy...

This might belong in Road Kill, but I'm putting it here becasue it was the woman's attitude and not her driving that was sucky. If the Mods disagree, feel free to move it.

So I was in the parking lot at the elementary school waiting to pick up my brother when WHAM! a white haired old lady in a blue car backed right up into a huge red van as he passed by. The blue car lost a bumper, both tail lights, and the trunk got smushed. She hit him hard. The van had a long scrape down the side and the bumper was loosened.

The Van Man was sweet as pie. Old Bat was sucky.

VM: Uh oh! Haha! What happened there?
    OB: Huh! This is soooo irritating!!
    VM: Didn't you see me?
    OB: Well of COURSE I saw you! I just ASSUMED you knew to stop for me!!
    VM: I would have stopped, but I was right behind you when you pulled back.
    OB: WELL! This is so bothersome!!

VM continued to be over-the-top nicey-nice by putting the OB's bumper in her backseat, collecting all the pieces of her broken car in a bag for her, not calling the cops, and helping her find her insurance info.

OB continued to be snotty and rude to VM and, when her grandkids came out, she called him over and ordered him to rearrange her car because "With that BUMPER in my backseat, the kids can't fit"!!!

VM sweetly rearranged the car to her liking, and he even helped the kids into the car and buckled them in! Dis she appreciate it? No. Did she apologise? No. Did she accept responsibility and try to resolve the issue? *looks at URL*
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Jesus, that is a disgusting woman.

Comment

I can only imagine the differences in the reports filed for insurance. I think I'd have gone over to the van driver and given my name & contact in case he needed a witness - person pulling out of a parking space does NOT have the right of way, it's up to them to only pull when clear, not assume someone will stop.

I never assume anything from other drivers - even if they have a turn signal on, I never assume they'lll actually be turning if it affect my actions. Hubby doesn't either, normally, the one time he did, he got hit.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        I think I'd have gone over to the van driver and given my name & contact in case he needed a witness
        I considered doing just that until about 10 moms and dads went over do so. It warmed my cold, shriveled heart
        Answers: $1
        Correct Answers: $2
        Answers that require thought: $5
        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I never assume anything from other drivers - even if they have a turn signal on, I never assume they'lll actually be turning if it affect my actions. Hubby doesn't either, normally, the one time he did, he got hit.
          Actually, I assume one thing.. that they will do the stupidest thing in the world. Turn signals being the prime example. Yes, I see the signal on the car oncoming is going as if they're going to make a the turn into the road we are on, Mr Impatient Ass behind me. Oh, gee, look... they didn't turn! See, if I had pulled out, I'd have hit them or they'd have rear ended ME and it'd have tied up the intersection anyways! So, aren't you glad that I don't trust other people's turn signals?

Yes, I actually had some jackass get mad and start honking at me because I waited to see if the car with the turn signal was actually going to turn up beside us. The car was apparently one of those that was purchased with the signal on and hadn't managed to run out of blinker fluid yet... because they just passed right on by without turning. Funny that.

I did witness some idiot backing out in a big pickup and back right into a car. Then drove off. So, I went into the store, asked if anyone knew who owned the vehicle and gave all pertinent info I had about the hit. By the time the employee went out to the other store to find out whose car it was.. it was gone. *sigh* At least I tried.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            The car was apparently one of those that was purchased with the signal on and hadn't managed to run out of blinker fluid yet...
            Love that one - amazing how many of those are out there.

BTW, my personal favourite was the guy in front of me on my way to work one day - he was in the middle lane, with his left signal on, and turned right. Nothing like keeping all bases covered, I guess...

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

person pulling out of a parking space does NOT have the right of way, it's up to them to only pull when clear, not assume someone will stop.
              People seem to have gotten the idea that the person backing does have right-of-way. Somebody even said so to that effect in a letter in the paper here a while back! I must have missed the memo.

Quoth raudf View Post
              Actually, I assume one thing.. that they will do the stupidest thing in the world. Turn signals being the prime example. Yes, I see the signal on the car oncoming is going as if they're going to make a the turn into the road we are on, Mr Impatient Ass behind me. Oh, gee, look... they didn't turn! See, if I had pulled out, I'd have hit them or they'd have rear ended ME and it'd have tied up the intersection anyways! So, aren't you glad that I don't trust other people's turn signals?

Yes, I actually had some jackass get mad and start honking at me because I waited to see if the car with the turn signal was actually going to turn up beside us.
              I hate it when the person behind me, who usually can't see what I can, starts honking at me. Look, jackass, I'm in charge of this car and I drive it as I see fit. You don't like it, tough cheese!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

One thing that bothers me the most, is that I will be at an intersection with a big, reflective sign that states, "NO RIGHT ON RED."

Now, in my opinion, they put that sign up there for a reason. Something must've occurred enough times to drivers turning right on red that they banned it from that intersection. So I will be sitting there at the red light, with my blinker on, and then the people behind me will start laying on their horns.

It's gotten to the point where even if I am going to turn right at a NO RIGHT ON RED intersection, I won't turn my blinker on until the light turns green because I'm sick of hearing the honking and getting frustrated wondering how people got their driver's license if they CAN'T FRAKKING READ THE GIANT FRAKKING SIGN.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

You do know what they say about ASSUME, right...?

I read a travel book once in which the author said she was in a cab once in Rome, and everybody drove like maniacs. Her cab went right through a red light and struck another car (luckily not very hard). The two drivers yelled at each other and eventually sorted it out. She suggested to her cab driver that he should not have run the red light. He said it was the other driver's fault because "he should have known that I would go through that light!"
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I hate it when the person behind me, who usually can't see what I can, starts honking at me. Look, jackass, I'm in charge of this car and I drive it as I see fit. You don't like it, tough cheese!
                    This is exactly my view.

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                    One thing that bothers me the most, is that I will be at an intersection with a big, reflective sign that states, "NO RIGHT ON RED."

Now, in my opinion, they put that sign up there for a reason. Something must've occurred enough times to drivers turning right on red that they banned it from that intersection. So I will be sitting there at the red light, with my blinker on, and then the people behind me will start laying on their horns.

It's gotten to the point where even if I am going to turn right at a NO RIGHT ON RED intersection, I won't turn my blinker on until the light turns green because I'm sick of hearing the honking and getting frustrated wondering how people got their driver's license if they CAN'T FRAKKING READ THE GIANT FRAKKING SIGN.
                    One time this happened to me. I rolled down my window, stuck my hand out, and pointed at the sign. Duh.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It took me 15 years worth of driving, but I've found a great zen mindset when getting into a car anymore. It still amazes me though, the folks that will want me to turn left at light when the opposing traffic has right of way (and a lane dedicated to right turns)! Sorry, nope, unless you plan on paying for my vehicle repairs, you can sound that pathetic excuse of a horn until trumpets of the apocalypse blow for all I care.
                      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                      And it's not what I wanted to be
                      The weight on me
                      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post

Especially when it's a straight-through lane that you can turn right out of. I've been sitting at the light, no blinker on*, and getting honked at because the yahoo behind me wants to turn. Some are of the opinion that you shouldn't be in that lane if you're not turning at the light. Never mind the fact that maybe I'm turning not too far past that light and I need to be in that lane.

*Blinkers make no difference here. In fact, we have a joke, "Don't use turn signals, it just confuses the natives." Except for a few places where you can't go anywhere but right, then everybody makes sure to use their signal.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Especially when it's a straight-through lane that you can turn right out of. I've been sitting at the light, no blinker on*, and getting honked at because the yahoo behind me wants to turn. Some are of the opinion that you shouldn't be in that lane if you're not turning at the light. Never mind the fact that maybe I'm turning not too far past that light and I need to be in that lane.

*Blinkers make no difference here. In fact, we have a joke, "Don't use turn signals, it just confuses the natives." Except for a few places where you can't go anywhere but right, then everybody makes sure to use their signal.
                          I've had that happen as well, as the only reason I was in that lane was that I was going to turn right sometime after going through the intersection, which is why my blinker wasn't on. As for the No Right Turn on Red sign, I've often rolled down my window and pointed at the sign, especially at this one intersection where there is a sheriff's station just down the block and they probably enjoy giving tickets to people like the person behind me honking.

Comment

i'm glad the other drivers approached vm to give them their contact info

the way the other driver was carrying on, i'm betting she'd lie her ass off to the insurance man about who was at fault

Yes, I actually had some jackass get mad and start honking at me because I waited to see if the car with the turn signal was actually going to turn up beside us. The car was apparently one of those that was purchased with the signal on and hadn't managed to run out of blinker fluid yet... because they just passed right on by without turning. Funny that.
                            had someone honk at me for not taking a right - on green actually. thing is i was pausing to look to the left... to make sure the fire truck with it's sirens blazing was headed my direction or not.

Comment

Working...
                            X