This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was with a SC and I wanted to hide

This happened awhile ago, but I don't remember ever posting it. I don't know why. Since it was awhile ago, some details are foggy, and the words won't be exact, but the gist will be there.

So a group of us went out to dinner. Overall, there were about 15 of us, I believe. In the group was a couple, married male and female. The male half of that couple is arrogant and hard to get along with.

It's hard to describe how this guy was rude. He just generally treated the people working as lower than him. I was uncomfortable being at the same table as him. He talked down to them and turned his nose up.

At one point, when the waitstaff was bringing out our orders, one of them must've accidently spilt some on this guy's shirt. He noticed it and immediately became irate, demanding the manager right away.

Manager: How can I help you?
    SC: One of your workers ruined my shirt.
    Manager: I do apologize for that. Do you know which member of my staff did this?
    SC: *scoffs* No. Am I supposed to know the names of your workers?
    Manager: No, I just thought if I knew who did this, I could prevent it in the future. If you'd like, I can get you my business card. After you get your shirt dry cleaned, let me know the price and I'll reimburse you.
    SC: Uh, hello. This shirt is silk. Dry cleaning it won't help.
    Manager: Well, I'm sorry, but I am trying to fix things. I'm not sure what you want me to do.
    SC: How about not hiring incompetent people who do stupid things like ruin shirts?
    Manager: I will send over a dessert on the house.

So, yeah, all around awkwardness ensues. Manager walked away, SC ranted to the table about how he can't believe this happened and the least they should do is comp his meal.

So, when the bills came, we got our checks split. SC actually stated to us that he was not going to pay for his meal. He left enough cash for his wife's meal then snuck out right away.

I'm not sure what his end of the table did, but my end took what he owed, split it, and left a tip on top of that large enough to make up for his lack of. One of the guys (one of the sweetest guys I've ever met) went and told the managers what we did as I left, so that they can fix it on the computer.

All of us were so embarrassed and made sure the manager knew that. We also told the few members of staff still out when we left that they did just fine.

Silk shirts can't be drycleaned or washed? Wonders how he smelled if he was wearing a shirt that had never been cleaned.

I ride with a motorcycle club. We always treat the waitstaff well, because we are loud and scarey looking and take up a lot of room and are decent people.

One guy wanted to join our club, but the first time he met up with us, he screamed at the waitress because there were coutons on his salad. WE threw him out and told him to never come back again.

Comment

^ Awesome. The picture in my head is of the biker guys in PeeWee's Big Adventure throwing him out.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What a jerk. Good on you though for making up to the staff!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

SC: Uh, hello. This shirt is silk. Dry cleaning it won't help.
          If dry cleaning it won't help and it's so fragile, why the hell would you wear it to a place that has the possibility of crap getting spilled on/over it.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

What an ass! and you most certainly CAN wash silk, either by hand, or dry cleaning. I wonder if he did something himself in order to get a free meal!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              What an ass! and you most certainly CAN wash silk, either by hand, or dry cleaning. I wonder if he did something himself in order to get a free meal!
              I was wondering this myself. I honestly think that was why the manager was REALLY asking for who did it. The mere fact that he couldn't describe anyone probably made the manager suspect he did it to himself in the hopes of getting a free meal.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                If dry cleaning it won't help and it's so fragile, why the hell would you wear it to a place that has the possibility of crap getting spilled on/over it.
                To be a Really Big Deal and show you don't mind that everybody knows that.

"Looky me in my expensive, delicate silk shirt. It almost makes me look like I have a penis or something. I bet you all wish you were me."
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Rather than covering his share of the tab, I would have flagged the manger, let him know what happened and given him SC's name and address.

And for those calling him an ass, stop insulting donkeys. You should not put them in the same category as this guy. They are better than that.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                    Rather than covering his share of the tab, I would have flagged the manger, let him know what happened and given him SC's name and address.
                    Same here, the manager made an effort to offer compensation and he shot it down. What he did was a fucking dine and dash. I wouldn't have covered for his arrogant, entitled ass in any way shape or form.

Comment

I think Irv has it figured out. Guy was a just pathetic little jerk, trying to show off about what a Big Man he was.

It's cool that you guys paid for his meal. It wouldn't have been fair to stiff the servers and other employees just because this guy was an ass.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                        Same here, the manager made an effort to offer compensation and he shot it down. What he did was a fucking dine and dash. I wouldn't have covered for his arrogant, entitled ass in any way shape or form.
                        I wouldn't be that absolute - I'd make an exception for covering his entitled ass in tar and feathers.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

that's just fucked up how he acted.

That happened to mom once - where the damage done could not be repaired (tomato sauce). however she never once treated the employees like shit over it. she was polite, even joked with them a little. they comped most of the meal to cover the cost of the clothes, although when she tipped at the end it was based on the original cost, not the adjusted cost. lastly the employee who had actually damaged her clothes (he had tripped carrying food) to see how she was, she said jokingly that they hadn't gotten her chocolates. (the restaurant always give small chocolates at the end of the meal). He brought a giant handful for her.

end result - sure she had to get new clothes, but no one was treated like shit, and even the employee who'd made the mistake was treated well. although after that she insisted that she sit by the windows and that someone else take the "aisle chairs"

And for those calling him an ass, stop insulting donkeys. You should not put them in the same category as this guy. They are better than that.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            "Looky me in my expensive, delicate silk shirt. It almost makes me look like I have a penis or something. I bet you all wish you were me."
                            Whoops, got some more stuff on your expensive penis-enhancing silk shirt!

(Wouldn't surprise me if it weren't actually silk, but polyester. And yes, you can hand-wash silk.)
                            Quoth csquared View Post
                            Bring a few of them around; I'm sure they'd get a kick out of meeting this guy.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                            X