This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, now I'm glad I didn't take the job

A couple of years ago I applied at Red Star department store. I didn't take the job because it would've been a conflict of interest, and I wanted to keep my job. I remember the manager--we'll call her Jane--talking about sales goals and saying that her store was of a higher caliber than my company. Yeah, it's really not. Anyway, it's in the same mall as my store and I see her shopping in mine quite a lot. She does recognize me and says hi, but she always has some disparaging remark about what I'm doing. The other week I was off the clock and in my sweatshirt (work shirt not visible) and pushing a cart with groceries in it. I stopped to have a short conversation with my coworker, who did continue straightening, since she is able to work and talk, when Jane walked by and shot out, "Is this how we work?" I don't remember what my coworker said, but I told Jane I was off and was a customer at this time. I think my coworker was a bit offended.
    Then tonight I was picking up a couple things when Jane again walked by and said hi. I had just picked up a fruit-scented soap and was reading to make sure there were no animal by-products when I noticed the funny warning not to eat the soap. I shared it, 'cause hey, it was funny and I like to spread laughter. She did make a funny joke about it, but then as she walked away, said, "You have too much time on your hands if you have time to read labels." Just another barb. Next time I'll say hi and walk away. I'm tired of having my actions on my own time scrutinized by someone I don't even work for.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'd look at her and call her on her attitude. But that's just me.

Comment

hell i'd tell her to shop in her own store if it was such a higher calibre than yours.
      although she'd probably try to get you in trouble for it.

Comment

Definitely I'd quit trying to engage her in conversation -- I'd just stick to a polite nod and a half-smile and keep moving.

And yeah ... can you imagine what she'd be like to work for??

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          Definitely I'd quit trying to engage her in conversation -- I'd just stick to a polite nod and a half-smile and keep moving.

And yeah ... can you imagine what she'd be like to work for??
          i can imagine it would involve a lot of grinding of teeth and muttering "bitch" or "cunt" a lot as she walked off.

I imagine her attitude is also discouraging you from ever wanting to spend money where she works too.

Comment

I'd be apt to say, "Yeah, well, you obviously have an abundance of time on your hands with how frequently you're in another store monitoring their employees. Don't you have some of your own to micromanage?"
            "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

ermhermgerd that's frustrating just to imagine >.<
              I don't know, all the remarks I'm thinking up will most likely just get you in trouble ;(

Comment

then again if you ever happen to be in her shop... you can always refuse to let her serve you due to her attitude problem.

I mean i wouldn't go out of my way to say... pull the same shit on her, but if you DO go there, as a customer, you can refuse to let her help you at least.

Comment

Working...
                X