Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If kids are damaging property (yours, specifically) by kicking a ball at your car, you can get the police involved and prosecute the heck out of the parents. If they're destroying other people's property, you can call the police, but can't press charges if you don't own what's damaged.

There are usually nuisance laws even during the day time. That said, banging on your door or window isn't a nuisance, it's harassment. There's a big difference between making noise in a public area and banging on your apartment.
    Yep. Cop time!
    especially if the management won't do anything.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      The couple above US; two kids who are of school age, but rarely actually in school. They never play outside--which is baffling, this building has six parks/playgrounds within walking distance--instead choosing to rampage around the apartment
      Maybe it's because they're supposed to be in school is why they're not going to the parks/playgrounds. Parents don't want them seen not being in school and getting reported.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Maybe it's because they're supposed to be in school is why they're not going to the parks/playgrounds. Parents don't want them seen not being in school and getting reported.
        Good point. It's easier to duck into a house to avoid being seen.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I never really get why parents allow their kids to scream like that anyway; my parents used to tell me, "If you scream like you're being murdered all the time, then if it does happen no-one will help you." A mate's mum told her that screaming just attracted the gypsies who'd come and kidnap her. (very non-PC I know. XD)
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            Yep. Cop time!
            especially if the management won't do anything.
            Yeah, I tried this one when I lived in California.

Cops put it down as tenant dispute, refer to manager, and did nothing.

The manager was actually a decent gal; she'd threaten eviction, and it would get better for while. Then he'd (my neighbor's adult son who lived with her) would start up all over again.

It didn't end for good until the lease was up, and the manager refused to renew it because of all the complaints. That took one very long year: the problems started the week they moved in.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X