Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic End to a Police Career, Told by a Now Truck Driver!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth emax4 View Post
    All that training, all of that doing what is right.. how come he couldn't just apply for a policeman in a neighboring town?
    It could have been that the cop didn't want to deal with the added publicity. He could have simply wanted to be left alone, and out of the limelight.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Plus something like that can disillusion you pretty hard. But, wow, a guy who cares about the law so much, he'll walk away from it as long as it keeps someone from getting away with what they clearly shouldn't. That's impressive.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        People in positions of authority think rules don't apply to them?

Let me show you something. It's my shocked face:
        Sorry. Did I really sound that naive?

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Next time, the law firm of Karma, Murphy, and Associates will present an amicus brief that the precedent of the Montgomery Scott decision ("Ye canna change the laws of physics") applies, and the Ultimate Judge will agree. Note that the decision of a 40 foot fall is not subject to appeal.
        Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Ah yes, I know that case, Drunk Old Lady vs. Building, Gravity, et al.
        ROFLMAO! Oh, I almost broke the first rule on this.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          I don't get the loss of a career thing. All that training, all of that doing what is right.. how come he couldn't just apply for a policeman in a neighboring town?
          Disillusionment.

Plus it's likely that The Powers That Be would veto his employment, should he apply.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Sorry. Did I really sound that naive?

Just making an observation based on your comment. I apologize if I made you feel put down.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
              Man that really sucks. Looking at the bright side though, all that work and a career to help get a corrupt judge and judge's wife off of the street. Who knows how many legit criminals were set free because of that judge, and now they'll be fairly judged (hopefully) by someone else.

I don't get the loss of a career thing. All that training, all of that doing what is right.. how come he couldn't just apply for a policeman in a neighboring town?
              Could be that the judge was at a district level (meaning that getting somewhere out of his reach meant moving, which many people are loath to do), or it could be that he was so disheartened with the whole system that he didn't want to be a part of it anymore.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Just making an observation based on your comment. I apologize if I made you feel put down.
                You didn't. I just realized I wasn't my using worldly, cynical self, that's all. I thought I'd purged myself of most of my idealism
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Most likely it's because he crossed the Thin Blue Line. It applies to DAs and judges, too. After all, they all work together, and they often have cozy relationships. You hear about cases like the Duke case, where the cops, judge, and DA all conspire to railroad people--it happens more than we would like to believe.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    He sounds like the type of cop we need more of.
                    Unfortunately, those are the kind of cops that don't seem to last, due to stuff like this, or similar stuff from fellow officers.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                      Could be that the judge was at a district level (meaning that getting somewhere out of his reach meant moving, which many people are loath to do), or it could be that he was so disheartened with the whole system that he didn't want to be a part of it anymore.
                      I'm thinking... maybe he was just tired of it.
                      Cos even if he wins, does it make up for what it costs?

Kinda like when someone calls IA on a cop - even if the cop is proven innocent, the investigation is a permanent mark on the record. Enough of those marks - even if you're innocent for all of them - and it can cost you a job.

Likewise, even if he went to another city... it doesn't mean the judge wouldn't try fucking with him. Even if his jurisdiction is limited it doesn't mean he can't try to pull shit through friends, contacts etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X